Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Can my new laptop play Armed Assault  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Can my new laptop play Armed Assault
« on: 31 Dec 2011, 02:13:36 »
Hi I've got a new laptop and I'd like to know if it can run Armed Assaul or Arma II. These are its caractericts

CPU : AMD Athlon(tm) II Neo K125 Proccessor
CPU Speed : 1.7 GHz
Video RAM : 890 Mb
RAM : 2GB
Video Card : AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4225
Free Disk Space: 184 Gb
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline Inlesco

• Members
Re: Can my new laptop play Armed Assault
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2011, 08:36:17 »
It's hard to objectively judge on laptop's CPUs and GPUs performance. The only way is to give it a try - A1 should run on minimal or even normal settings, depending on the game's version you got. While A2 is also possible to play. Sadly, it might look very awkwardly on the lowest settings.

All in all, "experience is the hardest teacher - she gives you a test first, the lesson afterwards"! ;)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jan 2012, 11:07:15 »
You can try Arma 2 free (the 'demo' on Steam) to see what the performance is like. Note that it's probably going to be better in Free than in the full version, because Free uses lowest-quality models for everything.

Otherwise you can always run Can You Run It? on your laptop and see what it says. If it falls within the minimum specs, you should be able to -- just barely.

Wolfrug out.

edit:
Fixed the link to a very useful function ~ Denz
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2012, 23:18:37 by Denz »
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2012, 04:36:19 »
Hry guys I got a question again  :dry:

Look...

I'd want to play Arma II OA, but I enter at Can you run it? and It show that my computer cant run OA these are the spefications

Cpu :  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM : 4 GB
VRAM 2.2 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8400GS

Can my computer run it?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2012, 05:49:14 by Aldo15 »
My OFP stuff
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2012, 11:47:49 »
Not really. It's the GPU that does it - that 8400 GS is just not going to cut it. I ran Arma 2 for a while on my 8600 GT, and that was quite a slog. I guess you could -try-, but even with the lowest settings you won't get a playable FPS, sadly.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2012, 15:46:03 »
8400GS lol. I had that GPU on my old rig and when I tried to run CoD:MW2 it burnt out (literally lol). On my current rig I have a 9500gt which is good enough for Arma II, but according to 'canyourunit' my CPU just wouldn't be able to run the game at a decent speed (the fps would be too bad).
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2012, 18:12:09 »
Oh my God... This is my 3rd Computer on these last 3 years, and no-one can't run Arma II! But can it run another games differents to Arma II?
My OFP stuff

Offline Lenyoga

• Professor of Misanthropology
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2012, 20:10:00 »
I tried a demo of Arma II once - it didn't run very smooth and was hard as f**k. Maybe you could try to find a demo version (I got mine from a video game magazine) and see if it would works...
As a grandmother I've got lots of gold.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2012, 20:12:54 »
Oh my God... This is my 3rd Computer on these last 3 years
It might be reasonable to check these kind of things before buying a computer.
Worth to remember is that you won't get a gaming suitable laptop if you won't spend a lot of money on it.

But can it run another games differents to Arma II?
Some older games probably.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2012, 21:45:28 »
But must I change the Video-Card only?
My OFP stuff

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #10 on: 30 Apr 2012, 00:54:32 »
Give it a try. You can do that for free. You won't have the full features but you will at least be able to see if it will run on your laptop. If you like the FPS and can adjust the settings to where you feel they are reasonable, it's worth a go until the next upgrade.

My personal opinion is that laptops are not meant for serious gaming. Serious gaming requires a serious GPU and most of those not only output major heat but require higher voltages as well.

If you want to play the games that place higher demands on your system, invest in a tower. The most beneficial feature of a tower? You can make modifications, and keep your system cool and stable. The best part, you can do it yourself.

Hope it works out for you pal. The more junkies we have, the better.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #11 on: 30 Apr 2012, 00:57:08 »
Hey man, I forgot say you, my new pc isnot a laptop... It's a normal pc, but I'll try.
My OFP stuff

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #12 on: 30 Apr 2012, 01:19:04 »
That's great then. You should have little problems updating the necessary components. Just takes a little research and little more money. Well, a lot more money.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #13 on: 30 Apr 2012, 04:43:36 »
I tested Arma II free on my computer, and I configure it the graphics, but it runs so slowly, even having the graphics on minimum. So I must change my 'video-card' for another one, Danm it!  :dry:
My OFP stuff

Offline Lenyoga

• Professor of Misanthropology
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: 30 Apr 2012, 12:18:10 »
I have a GeForce 9800 GT and the demo still ran slowly... but your processor looks cool, so if you get a good graphics card, you probably won't have any problems with Arma II.
As a grandmother I've got lots of gold.