Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Reminding BIS for arma 3  (Read 1376 times)

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
Reminding BIS for arma 3
« on: 03 Sep 2011, 08:44:15 »
Hi, 
I was looking at the way that BIS presented the mission editor in arma 2. And i found they havent really done anything to encourage mainstream gamers to try mission making.  I think the majority of people who bought arma 2 just played the campaign and multiplayer  just like they would do for MOH3 or Call of duty.     I think that we should organize to remind BIS to do a lot to encourage players to try the mission editor in the upcoming ARMA 3.   Maybe create a video tutorial included in the actual game itself on using the mission editor.  and to make sure the mission editor shows up on the first screen of the main menu.      For example   Campaign, Single Missions,  Multiplayer, Mission editor, Options, Quit.     I think this is important to try to introduce more players to mission making and Moding. I think part of the reason in arma 2 there wasnt much growth in the size of the community was because BIS didnt do enough to encourage players to try the mission editor.

thanks

Offline Inlesco

• Members
Re: Reminding BIS for arma 3
« Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2011, 14:10:42 »
As far as I remember, BIS have made several videos, demonstrating what a mainstream player can really achieve using mission editor. In my opinion, that should be enough for a even slightly motivated user in creating something by himself, not being a typical user anymore, but a developer of "something", no matter it's small. It's always encouraging to start with little things and constantly proceed to bigger ones, in fact that's what scheme is used to finnish huge projects.

Interface improvements sounds good. I agree that it would be very appreciated by new customers. BIS could make modding tutorial videos integration into UI, too. Well, I understand that all of your statements are subjective opinion and everyone has its own.

Also, it might be possible to create a simple mod, which modifies UI drastically, to present mission making and modding tutorials real-time in menu. It can be text or video content, that does not matter, really.

P.S.: The main problem may become lack of altruistic community members, but we already have enough of them!