Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [ALICE] Civilian presence  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
[ALICE] Civilian presence
« on: 12 Aug 2011, 13:18:09 »
Does anybody of you know if the civilian presence is determined, besides by the the variable civilianCount of the module and ALICE_populationCoef stored in the town logic, also by the day time?
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: [ALICE] Civilian presence
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2011, 20:47:03 »
Nope, sorry. :-/ What you -could- do is find out yourself though (e.g. if you want to know how many civilians have been spawned), by having them each run an init script using ALICE_civilianinit. The BIKI says the code for that is:

Code: [Select]
[BIS_alice_mainscope,"ALICE_civilianinit",[{_this addweapon "Mk_48"}]] call bis_fnc_variablespaceadd;
Which will need the functions module loaded I believe  - but afaik you should be able to use it like any other setup, e.g.

Code: [Select]
BIS_alice_mainscope setvariable ["ALICE_civilianinit",{Civs = Civs + 1}];
I don't much use BIS' ALICE etc. modules - they're nice, but they can quickly mess a mission up, not to mention LAG a mission up. Remember that they were designed for Arma 2's Manhattan-style whole-map missions, where the objective was to populate the whole island dynamically based on player location, and not really for smaller 'classical' scenarios :) IMHO, of course.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
Re: [ALICE] Civilian presence
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2011, 21:40:35 »
I changed the civilian presence in open enviroment manually with a script which sets the ALICE variable dinamically depending on the day time. It works pretty well.

I don't much use BIS' ALICE etc. modules - they're nice, but they can quickly mess a mission up, not to mention LAG a mission up. Remember that they were designed for Arma 2's Manhattan-style whole-map missions, where the objective was to populate the whole island dynamically based on player location, and not really for smaller 'classical' scenarios Smiley IMHO, of course.

That's why I'm using that module, because the player will travel through many towns and intercat with civilians.
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!