Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] OPERATION RATTLESNAKE V2.1  (Read 22400 times)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
No, none of my guys were dead.

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Ok that narrows it down slightly. Were all black ops in the boat? There should have been 6 in total, if they were alive. The boat is ordered to wait until all party members are in the boat as well, so if a group member is refusing to move for whatever reason, then the boat will also not move.

To get around this, I might consider having all group members move to the zodiac cargo when the player gets in.

"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
I was the first one on the shore and the last one off.(As all great leaders strive to be...Ahem) All of my men were accounted for and picking their noses when I boarded the raft.

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
Hmm what a strange and puzzling issue this is  :scratch:

Well, I've made a couple of hotfixes, and I'll release the newest version shortly. As of now, the boat will have its direction changed to 115 (away from the shore) when all personnel are in the boat. If the problem persists then quite frankly I'm stumped  :no: .

I just tested it and the boat moved away fine. It could just be something which happens occasionally. But, I am confident that changing the boat's dir when all personnel are on board will solve the issue.

I still havent decided what to do about voice acting for the outro.

I should have version 1.3 uploaded tomorrow. There was something I was meaning to ask, when does the reviewing stage commence? Does it begin when a mission is free of bugs? Or does it begin whenever the author chooses?

I'm just curious as I'd like to see this mission reviewed sometime in the future  :D

Thanks for taking the time to test my mission thus far  :)

Regards,

Gruntage
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2011, 23:00:56 by Gruntage »
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
Sorry for not having released a new version for sometime, but I've been snowed-under with work and I've barely had time for OFP. I'll try and get a new version up this weekend

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
Take your time. There is no deadline for user made projects. The review process can be started by a staff member as soon as you place "PLEASE REVIEW" into the title of your first post for example "[SP] Operation Rattlesnake v1.3 (PLEASE REVIEW)"

If during the review process, the staff member finds another showstopper, he'll stop the review and ask you to fix it. Once it has been corrected and uploaded as a new version, the process will continue until all is well.

Voices for Outro? The best way to get offers is to post a copy of your stringtable or commented section of all the text to be recorded within your thread. This is so that volunteers don't have to unpbo and dig through your files to find what needs to be said. Simply list it like this in your first post if you're not using a stringtable...
Stalker team leader: "Stalker one one actual to command, come in. Over"
HQ: "Go ahead Stalker one one. Over".
Stalker team leader:"Targets are fubar and we're OscarMike to primary exfil. Over"
HQ: "Roger that Stalker one one, if you haven't called in Kilo yet, they're standing by for distraction, how copy?"
Stalker team leader:"Good copy command, see you on the flip side. Out"

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
Thanks for the clarification SBG. You'll be pleased to hear that I think I've fixed the issue of the boat not moving at the end of the mission; I did what you suggested and changed the boat's dir when all personnel are on board.

As with all of the issues which were found during testing I never seem to experience them first hand, so naturally I'm not completely certain that the boat issue has been resolved. If the problem persists I'll just have to try and come up with another solution.

Thanks for the heads up on the voices  :D

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
Once again it seems that college has taken up just about all my spare time, so I probably won't be resuming work on this for a while.   :dry:

Any free time I do get will be spent finishing this.

Thanks for all feedback so far  :D

Gruntage

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
Re: [SP] UPDATED!! Operation Rattlesnake (V1.3) (7/12/2011)
« Reply #38 on: 07 Dec 2011, 12:07:04 »
A new version has finally been uploaded  :D

I believe I've fixed the problem of the zodiac not leaving the area when the team is ready for extraction. If not, well, I'll have to come up with something else.

I still need to add some more custom voices to the outro, but I've been focusing mainly on making it possible the mission to be played through properly without any errors.

Once I know that there aren't any showstoppers, I'll add a few extras and I'll put it up for review  :)

Thanks to those who have tested my mission thus far.

Gruntage

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: 07 Dec 2011, 22:20:43 »
Your link is telling me that the file is temporarily unavailable.

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: 07 Dec 2011, 22:52:19 »
Hmm that's strange. When I tried the link I was able to access the file.

So if the megaupload link doesn't work try the rapidshare link :)
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2011, 00:29:30 by savedbygrace »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: 08 Dec 2011, 00:30:44 »
Please keep all links on your first post to prevent confusion.

I think it just hadn't processed yet. It works fine now. (both of them)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: 12 Dec 2011, 03:19:42 »
Tested this with CWA 1.99 on veteran. Played the hardest setting.
Everything played out as it did in previous plays with the exception of a few things.

There is no acknowledgment for contacting kilo.
The BRDM does a good job of driving through the town.
The end is still presenting problems.
Before my guys can even make it to the beach, armor comes rolling down the slopes and watch post to prevent exfil. In addition to that, a BMP rolls right into the water next to our boat and stays there. A few moments later, another wave of armor rolls onto the beach and a tank decides to swim next to the boat as well but since they are not made for that, it explodes and destroys the boat. Now, I'm left without an escape route.
2 ways to solve this...
Either prevent the armor from driving too close to the beach
OR
I still think you should have the boat leave after insertion and sit at a waypoint out in the water somewhere. When the shilkas are dead, enable a radio trigger for the player to call the boat and then click on the map where he wants the boat to go to for pickup. This way the player can choose an appropriate exfil point.

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: 12 Dec 2011, 18:41:45 »
Thanks for the feedback SBG. I guess those tanks really like that spot on the beach  :D. I think I've fixed it now; I tweaked the waypoints of the tanks a little bit and from what I saw myself, they won't approach the beach area now. I sat near the boat after destroying the Shilkas for 30 minutes and not a single tank approached the shore.

I was contemplating having an A10 appear once the Shilkas are destroyed, so as to provide cover for your team to leave.

As for your first point I'll work on that as well.

Thanks

Gruntage

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #44 on: 16 Dec 2011, 00:51:20 »
Hey Gruntage I tested your mission yesterday and it's so great.

Played with CWA 1.99, Veteran and I chose "hard mode"

I think SBG told u the necessary, so I give u a suggestion. I liked the patrols at the town, but I think you should Fix your patrol script, because the crew units aren't synchronized with the script, because I've killed one of them and the alarm wasn't activated. I also want to tell u, it'd be better if you add some voices to the mission, for the outro, and maybe add music when the units be talking in the outro.

Well, that's all my friend. I'll be waiting for your next version, and I say again, Great mission pal. I uploaded a picture.
P.S Do you know to speak spanish?

Cheers,
Aldo15
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2011, 01:05:26 by Aldo15 »
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom