Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Load variable in Outro  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
Load variable in Outro
« on: 30 Jul 2011, 18:03:30 »
Is it possible to save a variable during the mission and then load it in the mission Outro? Does it work?
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Load variable in Outro
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2011, 22:56:32 »
It might work in campaigns (saveVar probably doesn't care if you're in the intro, mission or outro), but I believe this is not something that can easily be fixed for SP. I distinctly remember that MacGuba's famous "Un-Impossible Mission" had some kind of cheat that allowed him to count the number of living/dead units left for the outro (all I remember was that he had to add and remove magazines and maybe do something with magazine counting commands...or something) - but it's very probable that whatever bug he used to do it has since been fixed.

Unless someone else can tell me otherwise, in which case: that'd be great!

But AFAIK, this isn't possible (in a single mission).

What do you need it for? Everyone knows that saving vars between mission and outro isn't something that is usually done or seen, so if there's a burning wreck of your guy is holding the "wrong" weapon, no-one is probably going to react. :)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2011, 09:27:41 »
I tried a test mission, I saved a string inside a global variable called testVar, then I used saveVar "testVar" and then ended the mission with a end #1 trigger.

In the intro I used cutText [testVar, "PLAIN DOWN", 0.5] and it display correctly the variable.

EDIT: It just works in the editor preview, maybe because the editor preview is built to allow you to test campaigns and it always keeps trace of saved variables.
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2011, 09:42:57 by Ext3rmin4tor »
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline F2kSel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2011, 11:48:52 »
Has anyone tried using the copytocliboard command, It will only work with text so I'm not sure how you could extract numbers from it.  I've only tested in the editor.