Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: stringtable.csv and ArmA 2  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
stringtable.csv and ArmA 2
« on: 11 Jul 2011, 21:51:00 »
According to the Biki

Arma2 accepts csv, but uses xml in preference. For whatever reason, Bis have destroyed the default language. It is no longer possible to simply state

STR_ANYTHING,Some Name

and have all languages accept it. You will get a 'blank' if 'german' (eg) is not endlessly repeated as well

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Stringtable.csv

there is no more a default language. However I'm currently using stringtable.csv with two languages in my campaign and it looks like English works as default language anyway. I have the non-German ArmA 2 version, that is, the one published by 505 games which was realeased later thant the German version.

The default language in stringtable.csv is English and the other language available is Italian, and I have tried to change the internal language into French and Spanish and the default language is correctly displayed. Do you know if the German version might have some issue with this. I can't change the language into German and check this myself because it is not available on my version(only Czech)?
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2011, 21:52:41 by Ext3rmin4tor »
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: stringtable.csv and ArmA 2
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2011, 15:21:44 »
I can't check this myself, either; you could try PM'ing Undeceived, I think he's localized his mission into German and English at least. Anyway, I would assume it works like one would think it'd work, i.e. just put in the English, German into the languages bit and it'll localize correctly.  :dunno:

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"