Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Local user directories and custom missions  (Read 1714 times)

Offline zonker3210

• Members
Local user directories and custom missions
« on: 28 May 2011, 21:37:22 »
I'm running Windows 7 with the following configuration...

• a solid-state drive as my OS/boot drive plus core programs
  • a standard SATA drive for my user directories and other programs

My Arma2 game directory is located on the SSD but I'm loading custom addons from my local user folder on the SATA drive. I've been trying to load missions from a user-specific folder as described on this page in the BI wiki...

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Missions#Locations_of_Mission_Files

The addons are working fine when I load them from my local user folder but I'm not having any luck when it comes to loading missions. For example, if my local user account's A2 folder path is this...

X:\Users\{USER}\Documents\ArmA 2

...where do I place the Missions and MPMissions folders? I tried this...

X:\Users\{USER}\Documents\ArmA 2\Missions
X:\Users\{USER}\Documents\ArmA 2\MPMissions

..but that didn't work. I've also tried placing the mission PBO files directly in the "Arma 2" folder in my local user's Documents folder....again, no luck. I do not want to place mission files in the A2 directory of my SSD....I want custom stuff located under my user directory.

Also, just to be clear...these are not missions that I've created. I know missions still being developed are stored in the local user path but I want to load finished 3rd-party missions from my user path as described in the BI wiki's documentation.

Any and all constructive suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
Re: Local user directories and custom missions
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2011, 22:24:34 »
Compressed mission pbo files go in your ArmA 2 installation directory under the folder "Missions". MP missions go under "MPMissions".

On my PC, these would be:
C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Missions
C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\MPMissions

Both of which are the default locations, too.

Uncompressed folders, i.e. those you wish to view within the editor, will go under your X:\Users\{USER}\Documents\ArmA 2\missions folder. Both SP and MP missions go there in that case.

Offline zonker3210

• Members
Re: Local user directories and custom missions
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2011, 19:40:37 »
Okay, I obviously misunderstood the content of the BI Wiki page linked in my post. I was hoping to not have to use the game directory's Missions/MPMissions folders when trying out 3rd-party missions. Oh, well. Thanks!