Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP] For The Life Of A Friend (v. 1.8)(Review Complete)  (Read 21636 times)

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
Re: [SP] For The Life Of A Friend (v. 1.5)
« Reply #30 on: 06 Aug 2011, 22:18:00 »
Do you mean at the beginning of the mission where the friends meet?

::) Dammit, one other person reported this and I thought that I tweaked that one in the next version... :( But after he restarted, it worked - sorry, mathias! :-/

Btw. don't be sorry! Bug reporting is much appreciated!! ;) :-p
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: 07 Aug 2011, 11:59:10 »
Yep, I mean the first meeting of the friends, where Yuri will draw the pistol once all are present.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #32 on: 07 Aug 2011, 17:07:05 »
Well, I know that it should not be this way but the only thing I can suggest you right now is to restart the mission once again :D in the hope that it works then. Or did you try that already?

I'll look into it again and will come up with a (hopefully definite) fix in the next version. Thanks that you mentioned this bug! Looking forward for more feedback (if you still are up to try it out). :good:

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: 14 Aug 2011, 12:51:07 »
Hey Undeceived,

this time I got as far as finding Kostja in the forest. However, once I should take the pistol from Olaf, the "Take" icon is in gray writing, e.g. does not work. And since the enemies are quick to finish us off, I do not have the time to order him to drop his weapon and get to it in time.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #34 on: 14 Aug 2011, 21:58:13 »
Thanks a lot for your hard tries to get through this, mathias! I really appreciate it!! :good:

I'll definitely make a next version of the mission and I will also prevent the mafia guys shooting the player and Olaf to early in this situation.

One question though: Which grey icon do you mean? As I didn't implement anything like this... The player has to take Olaf's pistol via the gear menu and there only appears a hint explaining this.

I hope you can get past this one (are you able to take his pistol earlier?) and continue the mission without any other bugs or issues...

Thanks again, mate!
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2011, 21:59:48 by Undeceived »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 Aug 2011, 08:53:29 »
I played earlier again to the part where I needed to hide in castle. Now I need to restart again with the newer beta. In case, you already work for next version and I dont make in time to give full test report. I spotted one small flaw in intro, where the voice-files are quite low voiced compared to music (and how the voices are played in the mission where the voices are louder and perfect). With my bad hearing, I have difficulties to hear the acting in intro.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #36 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:58:57 »
HEy SaOk, thanks for replaying!

I will make a new version, yes, but I'll first wait for the new full patch from BI in which (hopefully) the setmimic command will be implemented. So it could take a while until then.

I noted down that one with the voice volume - are you talking about the end of the intro cutscene where the guys are near the cars?

:good:

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #37 on: 19 Aug 2011, 14:08:32 »
All voices during start of the intro are hard to hear until the gas station scene where all sounds perfect. Fire place scene have few badly heard lines at start, else good. The end where they walk to cars is also very silent. I understood the scene is not good for yelling, but its still too silent I think. ;)

Else a great intro, tweaking the sounds could improve it little more. I have also spend time in my missions to tweak the sound levels and I believe its really worth of effort. In case if you dont have editor for ogg-files, I would recommend free Audacity. With it you can directly edit the voice-files without convertin files back to wav and back to ogg.

« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2011, 14:11:46 by SaOk »

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #38 on: 19 Aug 2011, 17:44:38 »
Yes, Audacity is the one I use - it's very very good! :)

Ok, I'll tune these sounds, thanks for the answer!

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: 22 Aug 2011, 17:44:18 »
Hey Undeceived, in order to be more precise to what I meant in Reply #33, I attach a picture here. Please speak up if it is still not clear enough.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #40 on: 22 Aug 2011, 19:19:34 »
Aah, ok - I think that the hint that I implemented giving instructions how to take Olaf's pistol is kind of unclear and mistakable...

Ok, let me try to reconstruct what your problem is (to make clear that there is no misunderstanding):

The hint appears and you (correctly) try to do as it says.
You:

Open Olaf's gear and make him drop his pistol.
After this you try to take it by pressing Nehmen while still in Olaf's gear screen.

Is that correct?

You can't take his pistol this way - I tested it with some random units.

You will have to leave the gear menu and walk to the spot where the pistol is and press "Gear" to enter your own gear menu. There you should be able to take the pistol, resp. the Take button should work correctly.

What I will do is to improve the hint so that it explains better how to take Olaf's gun.

I really hope that I didn't misunderstand you - if yes, I'm sorry, mate! :-[ :D

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: 22 Aug 2011, 19:29:41 »
Aha, that's exactly what I did. But while you are at it, please set the player captive true until he has the pistol and is re-oriented, e.g. a few seconds afterwards. Anyway, I suspect that pistol hard to spot in the pitch black forest.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #42 on: 22 Aug 2011, 20:15:23 »
Yes, I had something similar in mind - the mafia guys won't shoot before a certain condition is fulfilled, so the player will have enough time to arm and orientate himself.

To prevent not finding the gun in the dark forest, tell Olaf to stop before you make him drop the gun. This way you will find it much easier (at his position).

Have fun and thanks for reporting back! :good:

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #43 on: 25 Aug 2011, 22:25:14 »
Hey, due to pure luck (Olaf shot the nearest enemy and so I was able to get an AK) I was able zu continue your mission. I was most impressed by the scripting and voice acting in the cutscenes involving Tanja and the doctor and I am now just before a roadblock on my way to kill Jegorov. This mission keeps me on the edge of my seat and I will continue playing when I find time again.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #44 on: 26 Aug 2011, 15:17:15 »
Good to hear that you passed this part. I'll tweak it a bit more so that such trouble hopefully won't happen in the next version. :)