Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP] For The Life Of A Friend (v. 1.8)(Review Complete)  (Read 21633 times)

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
Re: [SP] For The Life Of A Friend (v. 1.7)
« Reply #75 on: 24 Jun 2012, 14:11:57 »
Shit - my fault!! :D Sorry.

The link does work now (redirects to Armaholic). Thanks for letting me know!
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline ernesto

• Members
« Reply #76 on: 02 Jul 2012, 03:06:49 »
Undeceived,its a very nice mission,lots of work and wonderfull made!
I have a question,because maybe there is a bug:
When I have to drag my bleeding friend to the tower castle, I go inside, entering by the open entrance (only one?), drop him, and nothing happens.Is it normal,or is a bug?
I have made lots of assays but always the same response.
Same in version 1.6.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #77 on: 02 Jul 2012, 10:49:14 »
Hi ernesto,

yes, the ruin tower is right but you have to drag him upstairs. When you enter the tower, the stairs are left hand side.

Thanks for playing!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #78 on: 06 Jul 2012, 02:23:28 »
Played again with 1.60 on regular

I don't know if BI has coded the game better or if my skills have improved but this time around was far more enjoyable, engagement wise, than the previous play tests. I was dreading having to play this one again because I had played it so many times before but after the first task, I was drawn in again. The story is just that touching, where you can almost feel the emotion in the characters voices. You did a beautiful job of building on the mood with music and smooth camera flow. All the scenes were awesome, again.

I did happen across some bugs but not show stoppers.
1. The lights in ZUB, and I thought I saw one over Olaf's front door, did not seem to show any light.(no biggie except that I noticed it from previous plays and missed it this time around. Those who didn't know would not ever miss it.)
2. I grabbed the pistol from Pavel before the cutscene took over that showed the mafia arriving. I could not drag Kolsta with a pistol and had to drop it in order to grab it. After I dragged him, I was able to pick up my pistol again but once I got the optional task to retrieve it, it never showed that I had grabbed it(never completed).
3. After freeing Kolsta, we made our way to Tanya and the car and somehow, Olaf was injured(I was 4x speeding). He never crawled to the car, and so I got out to look for him but couldn't find him. Tanya and Piotyr began conversing so I hurried back to the car. The cutscene took over promptly and I wondered if it would have, had I not been in the car to drive it. Olaf showed up outside the car, prone and breathing heavy from injuries once we disembarked from the car at the docs house. He was setposed again inside the house, again, injured and prone. The cutscene with Piotyr and Olaf contemplating their actions, while the camera was inside the car, Olaf was not in the car. Once the player was given control again, Piotyr was back in the car, healed and ready to go. After that, the mission progressed without further problems.

That last issue were I thought you were deleting the units in the field? My apologies, I just shot them from a far distance and couldn't locate their bodies in the tall grass.(did it again this play test)

I know what it is now, those nvg's tipped the balance in favor of AI last time. (Huge improvements, thanks to BI)

The outro and end credits are simply captivating pal. Remarkable work. You also maintained the mood in the narrative as well.

I like that last credit too. All glory to J.C.!

Always good to experience your missions.
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2012, 02:25:15 by savedbygrace »

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #79 on: 06 Jul 2012, 21:13:36 »
Mate, thank you very much for your commitment on this page (all of OFPEC) - outstanding work you do here! :good:

Ok, I know of No. 1 and 2 of your list - these ones were always there but I never noticed them. :D So thanks for telling me.

No. 3 is strange though... Never experienced it. I'll heal Olaf no matter what in the next version... Hopefully this won't happen again then. The conversation between Tanja and Piotr began because I think that you left the trigger that fires it while looking for Olaf. Will fix it so that it only takes place when the player is IN the car and leaves the trigger.

Yeah, patch 1.60 really was an improvement from BIS' side in terms of night combat without NVGs! It has to do with the knowsabout command which can be set now.

My "problem childs" are two cutscene: The one where Jegorow shoots the guys Yuri and Pawel and the one where the white mafia car passes through the village, shoots the informant and goes after the player.
Did these two work for you as they should?

Thanks again for your good (twentieth?? :D) test!
I'm heavily busy now until end of July (master thesis) but after that I'll sit down for the (hopefully final) version of FTLOAF so that it finally can be reviewed and I also will be preparing the beta version of the upcoming campaign in which I am at mission 15 at the moment. :D
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2012, 21:19:35 by Undeceived »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #80 on: 07 Jul 2012, 01:12:24 »
Those cutscenes worked fine for me.
15 missions? Goodness, I hope they're interesting missions chocked full with relevant story content and not just missions connected with a desription.ext  :no:

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #81 on: 07 Jul 2012, 10:39:07 »
full with relevant story
:D Oh yes, you can be sure of that! :D

It's absolutely story-driven. Lots of cutscenes and dialogs that evolve the story line. The characters and the relationships are heavily developed as well. Should be quite immersive. And IMHO the missions are quite interesting too. ;)
« Last Edit: 07 Jul 2012, 12:11:57 by Undeceived »

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #82 on: 10 Sep 2012, 20:59:32 »
Hey Undeceived,

just re-played your mission in version 1.7 and it is 100% bug free. With a bit of time and patience, the use of Lost Key it not necessary and even as this is my 3rd playthrough, I am still awed by the mission. This is like a favourite book or movie which can be dusted off every year or so but never ever gets old and dull... just becomes a classic. Hope to see more stuff from you.  :clap:

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #83 on: 03 Nov 2012, 21:07:45 »
Oh mathias, I'm sorry, I didn't see your post until now. :D

Thanks a lot for your tests, mate! Really appreciated!

(Stay tuned for the next project. :D :D )

Offline Undeceived

• Members
(Please review) [SP] For The Life Of A Friend (v. 1.7)
« Reply #84 on: 26 Jan 2013, 23:50:28 »
This one can get reviewed, I guess. :)

I would like to use this opportunity to thank EVERY beta tester again! Thank you!

One note for the reviewer: After the player loads a savegame, there can appear script errors. Those however come out of the DAC. I tried to get rid of them but somehow I never was able to eliminate them, as they come from the core of the addon. Sorry.
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2013, 01:05:35 by Undeceived »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Re: (Under Review) [SP] For The Life Of A Friend (v. 1.7)
« Reply #85 on: 01 Feb 2013, 11:55:40 »
I will review this. :) I hope to have it ready in 1 month. The error wont have effect on score.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
Re: (Under review) [SP] For The Life Of A Friend (v. 1.7)
« Reply #86 on: 03 Feb 2013, 12:06:13 »
Thanks, SaOk!

I think I will change one more tiny and small thing: I will add taskhints, instead of having normal hints for the tasks.

That's all and I will notify you when I'm done with it.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Re: (Under review) [SP] For The Life Of A Friend (v. 1.7)
« Reply #87 on: 03 Feb 2013, 12:25:18 »
Sure, I will wait that. :)

Offline Undeceived

• Members
Re: (Under review) [SP] For The Life Of A Friend (v. 1.8)
« Reply #88 on: 03 Feb 2013, 22:03:06 »
Hello SaOk - the new version (1.8 ) is up. :good: Thanks for reviewing it.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Re: (Under review) [SP] For The Life Of A Friend (v. 1.8)
« Reply #89 on: 03 Feb 2013, 23:10:49 »
Cool, going to test it soon through and write the review. I let you know if I find any issues. I have two previews to be written for finnish gaming magazine with deadline in 10 days. Those could delay things slightly (if the second game appear to be more difficult to write of).  :cool2: