Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 'Merging' ArmA2, ArmA2:OA and ArmA2:BAF  (Read 2302 times)

Offline turnupthesun90

• Members
'Merging' ArmA2, ArmA2:OA and ArmA2:BAF
« on: 06 May 2011, 03:22:47 »
Hello guys!

It's been a while since I played a BIS game and ArmA2 is an amazing game! I bought the original online via Play and bought ArmA2:OA and consequently ArmA2:BAF from Steam. What I want to do is to be able to access the Operation Arrowhead content (e.g. units) in the original ArmA2 mission editor. I recognise ArmA2:OA is a "standalone" expansion, but given there are "woodland" British troops in the DLC, i'd assume they can be accessed in the original ArmA2? The question is: how?

Many thanks!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: 'Merging' ArmA2, ArmA2:OA and ArmA2:BAF
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2011, 16:13:09 »
The thing is, you have to install the OA into the original Arma2 directory in order to access the OA content and vice versa. BUT, once you do that, anything you build will require both games. SO, if you have buddies that only play with OA, they'll have to reinstall OA into the Arma2 directory in order to play your content. You will also have to relocate your DLC's to your Arma2 directory as well. (I believe) you can simply copy and paste their folders..(not certain though).

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2011, 09:26:39 »
Also...Steam + non Steam USUALLY does not go well together - or together at all :-/ I'm not sure about that though, I suggest you ask in the Steam forums, but generally speaking you need the Steam version of any original game/expansion packs to be able to combine them. But who knows, maybe there's some magic bullet solution to that as well...

Good luck!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2011, 15:06:19 »
AH yeah, forgot about the download sites. I have used Stardock to purchase the DLC's for my games. I had purchased Arma2, then OA and installed it into the Amra2 directory, and then installed the DLC's into the same Arma2 directory.

Offline stoptheclocks24

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2011, 15:21:48 »
Hey.

This is a simpler issue than you think. Just copy the add-ons folder from the original ArmA2 game to your Operation Arrowhead folder. You'll then have to just run ArmA2:OA and you'll have access to all the units in the editor.

Thanks.