Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ARMA2 Build-a-mission is worthless?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline eegore

• Members
ARMA2 Build-a-mission is worthless?
« on: 13 Apr 2011, 15:24:03 »

So since I can't make missions for crap I decided to try the mission builder in ARMA 2 and noticed if I selected the last "multiple objectives" option on Utes that the insertion helo wont insert the group.

It panics at the sight of any enemy and just sits still or flies around with the team along for the ride.  Anyone else tried using these mission builders?  I just wanted to see what its like.

Thanks

Offline turnupthesun90

• Members
Re: ARMA2 Build-a-mission is worthless?
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2011, 03:26:33 »
Hey.

I think this belongs in the editors section, but I had this problem. The fact is, ArmA2's air units are a tad broken and landing under fire is made far more complicated than it really should be. But I do have a solution! In the helicopters init field, simply use the "this setCaptive true;" command and the chopper wont get attacked and it'll land.

Good luck!

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: ARMA2 Build-a-mission is worthless?
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2011, 05:36:38 »
Hi, yes that is one way out of many. What I would do to avoid this issue is.

HINT:
Sometimes AI (Artificial Intelligence) can be a bit tricky when they are only programmed to do certain things otherwise need to be performed by the user (you)  :good:

Use that command, setcaptive true. But I would also use these commands.

Allowfleeing 0, also insert an invisible H pad on the map so the helo can land at a specific place, then use waypoints appropriately.

Also you could use the careless command.

helo1 setbehaviour "CARELESS" or use it in the waypoint selection. This careless behavior will make them not care about the enemy.

Check the command reference for these commands and how they are used.  :D. hope this helps a little.

http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/
« Last Edit: 06 May 2011, 05:44:32 by NightJay0044 »
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!