Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Delete radio when used a set amount of times....  (Read 1318 times)

Offline stephen271276

• Members
Delete radio when used a set amount of times....
« on: 28 Jan 2011, 22:44:35 »
Hi
Im back in the arma fold and hooked again!!!!
Please help, A mission Im making involves the player getting to a friendly camp with a choice of 10 unit types to "recruit" by using a trigger with options on the radio for each individual unit. Problem is I want the trigger/radio to delete itself once the player has recruited 3 units which forces you to have a max of 4 in your group. Can you tell me how Id do this or if theres an easier way to do it?
Please note am very rusty on the editing side its been a couple of years and was never any good with scripts, lol
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2011, 19:01:06 by stephen271276 »

Offline F2kSel

• Members
Re: Delete radio when used a set amount of times....
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2011, 00:23:28 »
Well you could simply use another trigger to delete the radio trigger  as soon as the player group reaches 4.

Name your radio trigger Triggerone and then set it up however you require to recruit your units.

In the second trigger set it up like this.

none
present

cond
count units group player == 4
on act
deleteVehicle triggerone

Edit

I've just remembered that some time ago I made something like this but not using the radio.
You just walk up to the unit you want to recruit and when your close enough you get the option to recruit him.
Both the player and the joining unit must be in the trigger area.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nmg2wf

There are two different triggers you can use.

The one on the left needs the units to have a name so only specific units can be recruited. The unit name must also be added to the trigger list.

The one on the right can be use to recruit any un attached unit to your group as long as both are in the trigger area.  No names are needed. It's currently set to West only.

« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2011, 02:38:47 by F2kSel »

Offline stephen271276

• Members
Re: Delete radio when used a set amount of times....
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2011, 12:41:11 »
Spot on bud!
Works great thanks alot.... Actually made sense as I was reading your reply Duh!
Crazy how much you forget, lol
Thanks again bud, no doubt Ill be pestering you guys on here again shortly....