Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Radio Chatter Mod  (Read 2365 times)

Offline bigpickle

• Members
Radio Chatter Mod
« on: 23 Jan 2011, 17:24:52 »
Hey I'd really like to make a radio chatter sound file play when I get into a UH1Y and stop when i get out.
I have searched to see if i can find an answer but no luck, so my question is:
Whats the most simple way of making this happen, as i have little knowlege of scripting i will need a simple explaination.

Thank you very much

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Radio Chatter Mod
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2011, 21:57:12 »
Welcome to OFPEC. The search results will depend upon the key words you used in the search. It could be that you used keywords that simply yielded few results.

We have a database of tutorials that cover just about anything you need in the game titles. You can use the drop down menu to select a game but since all three titles use nearly the same features, the tutorials are basically universal.

In regard to Radio, you'll need to read some info on the mission Description file to learn how to define your sound for the mission.

You'll also need to read some info on sound preparation to learn how to prepare sound files for use by the game.

Lastly, you'll need to read some info on how to call those sounds. This topic is normally covered in those tutorials above. You can check our site COMREF out for commands relative to this topic.

sidechat is a command to read up on.

sideradio is another command to read up on.

If you need further help, some typical search keywords are sideradio, radio, sidechat, radiochatter.

If once you have read some tutorials and other threads covering the topic via the search feature, you still struggle to understand something, be free to post your situation in the forum and we'll do our best to answer it.

Offline bigpickle

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2011, 23:11:20 »
Thank you very much for the pointers  :good: I've had a good read but I'm still finding it very tricky to understand how to do things.

If you wouldnt mind I'd like to post what I'm doing bit by bit, and if possible could you correct or comment on what I'm doing right or wrong, so i can learn from it.

Ok so my goal is to make a sound file play when a player gets into a UH1Y and for the sound file to Stop when the player gets out, so it can be used as a stand alone mod.

I take my UH1Y config and add the lines at the top half before the main blocks start :

class Movement;   // External class reference
      };
   };

class EventHandlers {
                player AddEventHandler ["GetIn",{_this execVM "Radio_On.sqf"}]
                player AddEventHandler ["GetOut",{_this execVM "Radio_OFF.sqf"}]

};

class UH1_Base : Helicopter {
      destrType = "DestructWreck";
      scope = private;
      side = TWest;
                .........................  blah blah

« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2011, 14:38:54 by bigpickle »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2011, 20:29:58 »
Oh, um sorry. I thought you meant this to be coded inside the editor for a mission. Model configurations are another topic completely. I apologize but this needs to be moved to the Addons area of the forum. I'm sure you'll get better suggestions there.

Offline bigpickle

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2011, 09:35:43 »
Its ok mate, I probably wasnt very clear with my explaination of what I was trying to do.

So can anyone advise me if I'm on the right track?