Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: help : NH90-reskined behavior  (Read 2950 times)

Offline upsilon

• Members
help : NH90-reskined behavior
« on: 23 Jan 2011, 02:35:40 »
Hello every one,

I reskined a chopper, the NH90, and I have some issue with the chopper's behavior.
According to wikipedia's and NHindustrie's informations it can fly at 320Km/h max and as it a brand new chopper, it will be as easy as a Merlin HC3 to fly.
Unfortunatly it has almost the same behevior as a Chinook (very heavy) and moreover it can't fly at more than 160 Km/h.

I sent an Email to the man who mod the NH90 (no answer), and to a french modder team (no answer).
So I post my question here :).

Here is my config.bin : http://upsilon.airline.free.fr/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=6:nh90-config&id=2:upsilon-s-helos&Itemid=4
(don't forget to change his extension from .txt to .bin). I already change Maxspeed settings, but it didn't work.

Best regards
Upsilon

ps: sorry for my English.

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
Re: help : NH90-reskined behavior
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2011, 15:27:50 »
Hi upsilon,
This problem will most likely be in the model file itself.
The weight of the addon and the weight distribution of the addon have a lot to do with the way it flys.
Change those (ie reduce weight and trim weight to be closer to center) and then retry.

Edit: I see its not your model. So you should not be doing any of the config or model editing.

Offline upsilon

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2011, 21:07:49 »
hi again,

Thanks a lot to answer so quickly, I looked for clues which could help me to edit this MOD.
And as you may know, p3d files are binarized... and unable to be loaded by O2. Moreover I cheked on google if there is any way to unbinarized these fils. Unfortunatly, I found no way to, because binarized files or ODOL and O2 can only load MLOD files (If you know a way to convert them, I will take it :) ).

If there is no way to do that, does that mean my chopper won't ever go faster than 160KM/h :s (go to hell Bohemia !!!! )
Except if re-make the p3d file...

ps: I try edit someone's addons because I always work doing reverse engineering. This is, in my point of view, the best way to learn a lot in a short time.
I will do my own, but later :)

Best regards
Upsilon

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2011, 19:23:21 »
ps: I try edit someone's addons because I always work doing reverse engineering. This is, in my point of view, the best way to learn a lot in a short time.

I n ofp days before Binarize it ! , this was acceptable to have a peek and edit it  and alomst 80 % of people did it, However today you dont need to because BIS have released there Mlods ;).

what i suggest is you learn using BIS mlods (editable models) how to speed up helicopters , this way you can learn all you need until your permission comes through for the NH90 :).

I love ofp

Offline upsilon

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jun 2011, 17:37:57 »
Hello,

I am updating this post because i am back to work on that chopper.
Thank to Gnat and the community, I know how Mods work and my first chopper (sort of MH-60 DAP) is working well, and used in the USSOCOM server.

BTW, I picked up an OFP NH-90, and now I am re-naming all LODS and points to make it works with arma 2 (unless someone could give me a NH-90 model working under arma 2 ).

I would like to know what points and LODS are mandatory, and if you have any advise to improve my skill or to use my time more accuratly :)

Best regards,
Upsilon