Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) <SP/COOP> OPERATION SPARK v1.5  (Read 13097 times)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
Re: [SP/Coop] Operation Spark - v1.31 (1/4/2011) NEW VERSION!
« Reply #30 on: 03 Apr 2011, 13:18:24 »
Thanks for the advice, I've already thought of making a new mission. (Or editing First Strike)
But at least I'll be posting v1.35, where all units are JAMMED. (converted to JAM3)  :D

Should I open a new thread to recruit voice actors?
(I'm going do that on BI Forums)

EDIT :

Just uploaded a new version. v1.35
This version is BIG. I mean this version should largely alter gameplay

HighLights :
- JAM3 HD weapons.
- Performance friendly Volumetric Fog (at least on my machine  :D )
- Several other medium to small fixes. (See changelog)

I'll take a rest from editing this mission, except for bugs and showstoppers.
Meanwhile, I'll start working on a sequel, the name is "Operation Fire"
(Operation Spark ignited the fire, so it's now "Operation Fire". Let me know if there is any missions already with that name.
Or if you've got a better name. I think this time I'll be creating a clean-sweep mission, in day-time. But this is just a rough idea.)

Regards,
Haroon1992
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011, 17:59:28 by haroon1992 »
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
  • Fraud is the ready minister of injustice.
Re: [SP/Coop] Operation Spark - v1.35 (1/4/2011) NEW VERSION!
« Reply #31 on: 04 Apr 2011, 04:16:43 »
http://www.ofpec.com/recruitment/

That would be really helpful as it would appear in hte main page.

Cheers
ofp_f3d3
Nothing in the world is as certain as death.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #32 on: 05 Apr 2011, 07:14:55 »
Hi guys, I found some bugs in v1.35
The most obvious one is the Second Objective (Stay Undetected) not gettin failed.

(if you are detected before you complete the objective, it will get failed once you've completed the objective. If not, it will tick.
It's just that it doesn't get failed as soon as  you are detected.)

There also was some other minor bugs which I've fixed.
I decided to not upload a new version (probably a fix), I think I should wait for your replies which might include more bug reports.
(I realized releasing new versions so quickly would only result in frustration of beta-testers.
To add, please post back your beta-test results as of v1.3, I might find something useful in them.)

So far, these are the things that I've fixed :
Code: [Select]
- Fixed : Overlapped tents at forward camp.
- Removed : Lone, dumb sniper in the tent.
- Changed : Player units now use normal HKs (NOT high dispersion ones)
(This is because I find it quite hard to hit a target.)

Regards,
Haroon1992

Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
« Reply #33 on: 05 Apr 2011, 18:28:46 »
Here are some custom songs i got. I f you ever need something else, just ask :good:

PD Let me do your review. ;)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #34 on: 06 Apr 2011, 06:39:43 »
Problem Solved.
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Haroon1992

« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2011, 06:47:29 by haroon1992 »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #35 on: 06 Apr 2011, 19:10:30 »
Under paragraph 2(c)FREE PERSONAL USE, the agreement forbids folks to use the content in gaming and sharing even if it is free of revenue of any sort.

However, this is the case for any music. Putting the music inside your mission requires folks to have the knowledge of knowing how to extract it from a BIS .pbo. Chances are, anyone who does not pay these BIS titles, will never see the music and those that do, probably will appreciate that you put it in, so long as it compliments the mission rather than just provides listening tunes. I personally wouldn't worry over it since it will be hidden away inside the pbo and only re-playable to folks who own the game. (Why else would they even concern themselves with the depbo tool?)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #36 on: 07 Apr 2011, 06:46:39 »
Thanks, this clarify me.

New Version Uploaded!
File Size : 14.2 Mb
Download Location : My Google Docs Account

I hope this time, it's fully working. But I am still not very satisfied with the mission, especially in MP.
I am quite sure the mission works well in SP, it's just the MP.
It will be great if some experts could point me out some obvious MP errors in these scripts :
main.sqs,
backgroundmusic.sqs
extraction_heli.sqs
extraction_boat.sqs

And I have a question, where can I see the locality of OFP commands?
To ask straight, are these commands local or global ?
setOvercast, setFog, setPos, move, dofire, dotarget, setSpeedMode, setBehaviour, setUnitPos
setDammage
(there's much more, but those are the really important ones.)

V1.4 HighLights

- Background Music for three different situations. (Playing, detected and extraction)
( took me about 2 hours to figure out how to sync the music on all machines so that the same bg music plays for all computers at the same time. :laugh:
- I found a whole load of MP bugs in v1.35  :blink:  (Most of them, if not all of them, are fixed. AFAIK)
- Fixed the weired lighting effect all over the base and outside areas. (This totally ruins gameplay as players can see enemies clearly without NVGs at 3:15 AM  :o)
( it was caused by the machine gun nests' lights, and a shilka's light. There is no way to turn off the light from machine gun nests so I removed all of them. Shilka's light is offed by setting behaviour to AWARE)
And some other changes and fixes.(See change log)

Regards,
Haroon1992
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2011, 08:47:14 by haroon1992 »

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
Re: [SP/Coop] Operation Spark - v1.4 (New Version : 8/4/2011 Thu)
« Reply #37 on: 07 Apr 2011, 17:07:28 »
OPSpark_v1.4_PBO.pbo

Instead it should say

OPSpark_v1.4_PBO.cain.pbo

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #38 on: 08 Apr 2011, 07:58:48 »
Hi everyone, v1.4 is a crap unfortunately.
I went home yesterday and started to "play test" v1.4, which I wasn't able to do the day before yesterday due to lack of time.

And I found some errors again.  :confused:

As OFPf3d3 said, the pbo must be renamed to "OpSpark_v1.4_PBO.cain.pbo" in order to play the game.
And while in briefing screen , you'll get an error message.
Just ignore it.

Also the AI in the base is quite dumb, because just after 5 minutes I entered the base, there were about 15 bodies lying around.  :D

AI_Chase script is bugged, and will only be sending 'one' unit after you.  :D

Apart from those, the mission is still playable.

Feedback is welcome.

I'm now working on v1.5.

- Better detection_script.sqs. (Still figuring out about the "body" detection)
- AI_Chase.sqs is heavily modifed. (But still under construction, I am sure it will be much better.)

Regards,
Haroon1992

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #39 on: 08 Apr 2011, 16:24:30 »
Sounds like you're trying too hard. The last version I played was good enough, why change it up? If you would like a good mission to check out that uses a good share info script between units, check out Defensive Strike or Unimpossible Mission.

Otherwise, if you're trying to detect dead bodies, you can run "Killed" eventhandlers on each unit to execute a script which creates a gamelogic and places it at the last know position of that unit at it's death. Or if you like, just create a gamelogic for each unit at the beginning of a slow looping script which you initialize from the mission init. Place those gamelogics in a list and then run distance checks from all groupmembers to that list of logics. Attach a killed event handler which setpositions a gamelogic at that units last alive position. If any group members come within a specified range of any of those logics, the alarm can be raised.

Use Command Locality as a keyword in the search feature in the forums to check out threads on those issues.

In regard to your chase script...I have never seen AI chase me in any version. Of course, I usually clear out the majority of the camp before blowing the shilkas but in the last run, I left some alive to see what would happen. Nothing happened. I would not recommend sending units to the players position because the players position will not always be known and it could lead to frustration on the players part from being so stealthy only to be penalized for it by having the entire responding force know where you are and come to kill you when they never truly even see you disappear into the brush.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #40 on: 09 Apr 2011, 16:33:45 »
Yeah, i suspect myself trying too hard on this mission, but the results are satisfying you know.
And although I don't have the talent of perfection on other aspects of my life, I do find it when it comes to OFP. But I go too far sometimes that I got lost with unnecessary stuff. (OneShotTwoKill)

I have successfully re-written AI Chase scripts core concept that it's now much better.
And other thing is that it is now a re-usable script. (Re-usable in any mission)

I will post a new thread for "AI Chase" once it's fully furnished. (I've just completed writing it's readme in .rtf format)

But yes, I do all of this just because I am having fun by doing these, even writing a proper readMe is fun for me, as it might improve my English as well as my ability to produce some documents.

(By the way, the reason why you are not seeing units come after you is that the script was only sending "one" unit after you even in v1.4  :D , due to the "_i = 0" line at the start of the loop.)

Anyway, I still would like to get some feedback from v1.4 before uploading v1.5, as I sense further minor bugs in it.

About Body Detection

Thanks for your good methods, I'll try to write a re-usable body detection script. But I tend to avoid eventhandlers.
I think after reading your text, I've just figured out a new method (maybe a crap method)
- Create game logic for each guys, like you said.
- setpos the gamelogics to it's unit.
- Once the unit is dead(checked by !alive unit), setpos the logic to him(not sure if I can still retrieve his pos), and read the position.
- Remove that logic from old array, and add it to new array. (F.I Bodies)
- check  :D

Just sharing my idea. I might come up with the script tomorrow.

Regards,
Haroon1992

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
« Reply #41 on: 09 Apr 2011, 23:51:23 »

Offline Denz

« Reply #42 on: 07 May 2011, 00:27:33 »
Hi Haroon, if you are still looking for tests for this mission can you upload the mission again as the link has expired. Or are you working on a new version?
I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside!
Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver, SOG Recon One-Zero
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #43 on: 10 May 2011, 11:12:54 »
I am extremely sorry for leaving this without any attention for several weeks.
Yes, I've been away from OFPEC, to say correctly, I've been away from using Internet for almost a month!

Our family moved out of our old house to a new one. And there's been a lot of real life stuff going on that I cannot hop on to Internet easily.

I've already uploaded my version 1.5 to my Google Docs, I'll try to update this thread after I post this post.

It's been a while since I've played OFP too.
Version 1.5 maybe the final version but I would like to add some voice acting to the mission, which is lacking that feature upto v1.5.

I hope there are people still available to test my mission. And again sorry for not responding to this thread.

EDIT:
I've uploaded version v1.5.
I hope you people enjoy playing my mission. :)

Regards,
Haroon1992
« Last Edit: 10 May 2011, 11:38:54 by haroon1992 »

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
Re: <SP/COOP> OPERATION SPARK v1.5 (NEW)
« Reply #44 on: 26 May 2011, 07:00:31 »
I wish I could get some feedback on the final version.   :confused:
Regards,
Haroon1992