Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) <SP/COOP> OPERATION SPARK v1.5  (Read 13110 times)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
Re: [SP/Coop<3>] Operation Spark - v1.25 (NEW!)
« Reply #15 on: 21 Mar 2011, 05:34:55 »
EDIT :
H- said the problem might be due to spaces between file names, so I've changed them with underscores " _ " , it's working for me, I wonder if you can download it. :scratch:

I've just tried it, and it's working fine.  ???
I think you should try at least about three times (just as I did with your AMMO mission).
As I already said, the mission was playable even though WinRar reported the archive was corrupted.

Regards,
Haroon1992
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2011, 06:58:55 by haroon1992 »
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline ofp addict

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 21 Mar 2011, 11:21:47 »
still the same. I tried about 6 to 7 times to download it from here but instead i get message (download was interupted). It will let me download up until about 700kb before this happens, please send to mission to my email  :good:
Infinite love is the only truth. Everything else is illusion

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #17 on: 21 Mar 2011, 23:46:37 »
@haroon1992:

Alright time to get my run through of the mission.

INTRO:

Basic intro of the black ops landing on the island, nice

MISSION:
Since I like to stand alone in black op mission. I told my squad to halt at the tents.  :D. I headed towards the base. Fighting started to happen and I was running and using it to my advantage. The enemies were shooting, but wasn't sure what they were shooting at.  :dunno:.

Was this supposed to happen?

Anyways, I progressed passed the fence, found the first shilka, planted satchel. Then progressed through the rest of the tents and vehicles taking out guards on my way. I came across the last shilka by the tents. Planted a satchel charge. I crawled to safety. Then I proceeded to exit the base. I reached the outer perimeter and took out a few guards so they wouldn't get me. I crawled out passed the perimeter and touched off the charges. BOOM! Mission done. Then I made my way to the LZ where my squad and I boarded the helicopter. That was about the extent of my gameplay.

OVERALL:
I liked it, the enemy was well placed. I had to find guards upon exit so they wouldn't shoot me. I didnt' detect any errors when I played. So it looks like its all up to date.  :good:
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2011, 23:48:26 by NightJay0044 »
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
Re: [SP/Coop<3>] Operation Spark - v1.25
« Reply #18 on: 22 Mar 2011, 10:39:18 »
LOL, it took me more than 2 hours just to adjust camera angles and some other props.

Do you really think those dead trees were really there on Kolgujev or what about those small grasses or those dusts ?  :D
But I admit I made it a little sloppily at the end, resulting in the bouncing camera. :D

I told my squad to halt at the tents.
What a brave, courageous, fearless leader.  :o

:D
Fighting started to happen and I was running and using it to my advantage. The enemies were shooting, but wasn't sure what they were shooting at.  Don't Know.

I am sure that there is NO enemy units for the enemies, except the player group and the chopper and the boat.
I think they MUST BE shooting your teammates.
Or there must be an alien easter-egg in ofp who descends from the sky and do push-ups in front of the enemy camp.  :D

By the way, Relikki tested my mission on BI Forums and reported that the Secondary Objective first ticked then failed after the first objective was completed. Did you experienced such behavior during your play ?

If you are to give score to the mission what would you give it out of 10 ?

Anyway, I'm really pleased by your feedback, I am already tinkering with the mission and had already found some bugs, too.  :D

Expect v1.3, very soon!

Music will be added in that version and a music player. (Weired? Well, just experimenting. :) )
And maybe one or two side objectives. Like the old rescue hostage or something new, I still need to think about this.

Regards,
Haroon1992

Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #19 on: 22 Mar 2011, 15:01:41 »
@haroon1992
I am sure that there is NO enemy units for the enemies, except the player group and the chopper and the boat.I think they MUST BE shooting your teammates.
Or there must be an alien easter-egg in ofp who descends from the sky and do push-ups in front of the enemy camp.

They might be shooting at them. It didn't look like it though because all the explosions were coming from the base. It was odd, it sounded like there was a battle going on with out me. I'll have to try to play it again to see what was. It seemed like the tanks and soldiers were shooting at something.

It could of been the alien, you never know.  :D 

@haroon1992

LOL, it took me more than 2 hours just to adjust camera angles and some other props.

well good work for your efforts in the cinematic results. It was good, although I don't go too crazy over cinematic events.  :whistle:

If I were to give it a premeditated rating with no effort in examining the prospects of your mission. I would give it a 7/10.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #20 on: 22 Mar 2011, 16:39:41 »
Okay guys, I just uploaded a new version of the mission.
And this time I had to do a workaround to upload the slightly big mission on OFPEC, (6.xx mb)

I've provided how to join the split archive, on the first page, which is also included in one of the archives.

Please take a look at the ChangeLog for what's new, etc.

And most importantly, I apologize for the beta-testers who I was unable to put at the end of the missions, in the credits list. (I will do it in the next version)

I'm too freaking busy with random stuffs from real-life that I had so little time to edit my missions. (only 2 hours :(  )

EDIT :
Damn it! The uploads taking ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That this message appeared first. :(

EDIT 2:
I've update the download link, check first post.

Regards,
Haroon1992
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2011, 16:59:55 by haroon1992 »

Offline ofp addict

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 22 Mar 2011, 21:23:59 »
My review of Operation spark v1.25 beta

Intro One word, Excellent

Overview Boring picture, text is O.K

Mission Very professional work, Great story line, interesting scripts and cool point scoring system.

Review 9 out of 10

Briefing Easy to understand, the objectives worked nothing to report. (I didnt go in undetected)

After 3 hours and 16 minutes I'm awe-inspired and much impressed by your efforts with operation spark. I played the mission from start to finish and enjoyed every minute.

Due to my CPU spec my OFP runs slower with vol-fog and night time so decided to go in during the day and not stealth.

When I can afford a decent new upgrade I will try stealth and night time OR probably play ArmA  :D

Me and my team approached the target from the north-west. we reached the ruined town with no trouble, but just one. three-man-patrol.. We iced them and then I moved into a two-story house on the north-west tip of the town. Then I positioned stalker and iceman in tree cover further north to watch my six, then the s**t got heavy. From the windows of my position I killed what seemed like hundreds of men while being constantly spooked by bmp's and the T72.  After a murderous long time the APC's moved away so I took the oppotunity to grab an RPG launcher. But before the mad dash I precisely shot the Commander and Gunner of the T72 rendering it harmless and then I quickly changed position.
I stayed north and reached more ruins and sandbags for cover, while knocking out some M2 machine gun nests along the way. From here I destroyed the bmp's but this wasnt easy they moved and weaved and seemed to have good AI skill as they kept spotting me and ultimatley cost me to save game for each BMP I destroyed.. Then I tried to bring my team in closer but they was caught in yet another push from the enemy infantry and my boys was killed. What followed was a very intense infantry battle. Without the cover and safety of my four walls in the house but just a small shad (sandbags), I was repeatedly flanked and advanced upon from all sides and I killed enemy upon enemy until I completely run out of ammo HK SD and Glock SD.
I was forced to take an AK47 until literally a spetznatz with a Bizon fell dead in my lap. I worked my way into a tent with ammo crates where I replenished my RPG and bizon. By then I had already noted the location of one shilka.

1000 Bizon rounds later and 2 more save games  I had destroyed two shilkas. NOTE One shilka in the centre of the town was upside-down-on-its-roof ?  

:dunno:

when I finally found the last shilka I had killed many more troops and it was difficult through and through. Just when I thought it was safe to come out I was killed almost everytime and took shots from every angle only just making it back into cover as I moved along. This was challenging and good fun -Many kudos-

After many attempts I destroyed the last shilka and escaped again using the way I came in. From the North. I then followed (a double steel fence with empty watch towers) and came across a Ural on the road, Shot the driver and drove on to the safety of the blackhawk. Then I boarded feeling like an accomplised veteran.

Suggestions
1.  Some kind of enemy presence patrolling the long steel fencing with the fuel station (north-West)
2.  JAM3 version
3.  T72 crew (turned in)

Overall Very good mission. very difficult, very enjoyable, very addictive. very Intense. Anybody who likes a difficult mission I recommend this great keeps-sake of a mission. 9\10

As you said you have randomized the enemy even more. Well I will be keeping this mission in my collection and playing it again when the final is released. I never used the (too hard) aka (wussy button) as I prefer near impossible missions keep up the good work haroon1992  :clap:

Ive uploaded an image of my statistics though I saved 5 times so lost 2500 points.  :no:
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2011, 23:28:30 by ofp addict »

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #22 on: 22 Mar 2011, 21:33:34 »
@ofp addict:
3hours, did I read that right.. :D for your mission completion.

I like the new adds you have to this Haroon1992. I'll give you my review after I'm done finishing the mission.  :good:

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
Re: [SP/Coop<3>] Operation Spark - v1.3 (22/3/2011)
« Reply #23 on: 23 Mar 2011, 11:55:39 »

NEW VERSION WAS ALREADY AVAILABLE SINCE YESTERDAY.  :)
v1.3

(It was my fault, I forgot to change the title   :()

@ofp addict
Thanks for the great feedback.  :D
And it looked like I forgot to change the thread's title.

The newest version is v1.3, which I had to upload to a file sharing site due to the large size.

Is it the one you played this one?  Or the v1.25?

Due to my CPU spec my OFP runs slower with vol-fog and night time so decided to go in during the day and not stealth.

I think it would be better to maintain stealth, so the engine won't have to handle many soldiers in the combat state. I think stealth is less CPU consuming. :scratch:
And do you noticed that you can turn off Vol-Fog and the Random Weather script from the radio menu?

When I can afford a decent new upgrade I will try stealth and night time OR probably play ArmA
You better play ArmA 2. ;)

1000 Bizon rounds later
:o

NOTE One shilka in the centre of the town was upside-down-on-its-roof ? 
The alien, who was doing push-ups, must have accidentally done this.  :D
Just kidding, I've fixed that problem in v1.3.

After many attempts I destroyed the last shilka and escaped again using the way I came in. From the North. I then followed (a double steel fence with empty watch towers) and came across a Ural on the road, Shot the driver and drove on to the safety of the blackhawk. Then I boarded feeling like an accomplised veteran.
If only you've maintained stealth, you won't have to deal with some of the tanks as well as the Spetz Natz.

1.  Some kind of enemy presence patrolling the long steel fencing with the fuel station (north-West)
I'll try to add it in the next version, v1.35 or v1.4

2.  JAM3 version
I thought about adding JAM3. I'll add it in the next version.
(Should I give the players HD weapons too?)

And I also thought about using BAS Rangers,
but I think it is unwise to force players to download a 23mb+ addon just for the three specops,
and more importantly, something is wrong with their arms when they prone, they just didn't look cool.

I found lsr_weapon pack much more interesting, as it contains silenced snipers. but it alone is more than 70+ mb size. And I can only use it on the three specops unit.

3.  T72 crew (turned in)

Frankly, how do I make them turn-in? And I suppose they are turned-in while in combat, aren't they?

Regards,
Haroon1992

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #24 on: 23 Mar 2011, 14:22:01 »
@haroon1992

Is this what you're asking, turning in? I believe you can do it like this.

Code: [Select]
vehiclename action ["turnin"]
(i.e. tank1 action ["turnin"]) without perenthesis.
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2011, 14:24:14 by NightJay0044 »

Offline ofp addict

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 23 Mar 2011, 20:10:56 »
I think I tested 1.25.. The one you sent me via E-mail

After I killed the T72 crew gunner and commander the drivers behaviour was odd.. He just circled around on the spot for the duration and did nothing more threatening.

Yes. I did use the radio options and I turned off the vol-fog and set the day time, And then it was playable for me. The amount of units present and traffic was not a problem for my CPU, But combined with the vol-fog and ugly night vision then it became unplayable.

I agree with you about addon's data size. Dont add BAS rangers. The mission is special because its been made well enough not to require any addons. As for JAM 3. Well that was just a suggestion. And what I meant to suggest is them JAM3 HD weapons for the enemy troops.
Under fire from enemy A.I with High dispersion create nice tracer effects and the fire rate in intense. They force you to take cover and make the fighting last longer, The sound effects of Jam 3 are great too..
If you was to use HD weapons for the enemy troops then I'd also suggest using HD for 1 in 3 soldiers so not to lose the difficulty aspects of this mission.. But its unnecessary (dont try to fix somthing that is not broken).

X - Stay Undetected (Optional)

It is not always optional for stealth missions to stay undetected, especially in hostage situations or scud launches. I'm glad this was optional because I prefer to prevoke the enemy and cause trouble in stealth missions for an all-out shoot-out. Thats just my personal choice and I completed the mission gung-ho rambo style. It cost me five retry positions and I was killed an awful lot. But thats just me and I like my custard hot.

:yes:
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2011, 20:34:34 by ofp addict »

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #26 on: 29 Mar 2011, 11:29:15 »
Can someone point me to a number of sites where I can upload this mission so that the downloader won't have to
wait ?

Or should I split the mission up using HJSplit and upload it here?(This would split the mission into two parts, part i and a part ii and I'll also upload that HJSplit tool which can be used to join the files again.)

:dunno:

EDIT :

Problem solved. I just used Google Docs to do the job. Thanks to Foobar at BI Forums for this. :clap:

You can now download Operation Spark without the hassle to wait for several seconds.

Regards,
Haroon1992
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2011, 10:53:58 by haroon1992 »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #27 on: 30 Mar 2011, 22:25:22 »
OVERVIEW
Nicely done
INTRO
Absolutely astounding! Huge improvement over your previous one and truly sets the mood appropriately. Good camera angles and timing with music. Some of the text flashed too quickly...the last couple of strings before the Title I think. I'm sure I spotted some misspelling in the intro somewhere. You may want to run your sentences through a spellchecker.
BRIEFING
Divided nicely with background information away from the front page as it should be. Decent gear selection. Links work.
MISSION
The town was better defended, patrols seemed logical, separated camp sites were also strategic. All patrols forced me to time things properly. The fog was weird since it clung to a certain area but it definitely made engagements trickier. If one didn't wait til the fog swirled properly, he could easily miss fleeing targets and get flanked. It took some time to place the charges but was fun navigating the maze of enemy threats. The ammo crates were also placed in a sensible location and not flung around the base. I didn't notice the chase script but then, I didn't adjust anything so if it is not on by default I didn't turn it on. The music selector seemed way overkill to me and just not worth the download size. Seeing as how it is a stealth mission, players shouldn't want to be distracted by extra noise. But that's a humble opinion. Ex-filtration went well too. No bugs or showstoppers and it's certainly a fun and challenging mission.
OUTRO
I was a little disappointed to not see an equally impressive outro.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #28 on: 31 Mar 2011, 10:20:44 »
Thanks for taking the time to test my mission. I know that you are quite busy with real life. So thanks again for the time taken.

Looks like the mission is doing good. No bugs, no showstoppers. But I should wait for others' replies too.
And I was aware that adding a Music Player would definitely spoil some players.
You know, the mission size actually was about 22mb, but I resized the several custom musics to only 4 that the size reduced to 6mb.

I was just experimenting with the musicplayer, and I will remove it if necessary.
(I kinda like listening to some music especially during the escape.
And let me know of any music(without voice) that can make the gamplay creepy and somewhat chilly.)

Sorry for bad english

EDIT :
New version available.
Version : 1.31
Info : This version does not alter gameplay, it adds some additional stuff and fixes the glitches and bugs mentioned by beta-testers.

EDIT 2:
Is there someone out there willing to help me with voice acting?
It will be great if this mission is applied with decent voice actings.

I just need plain voice, not edited, because I already have Audacity to edit sounds.
And I am a Burmese, so my accent is not even close to an English or American, so there is no way for me to do this on my own, help your Burmese guy friends.

Edit 3 :

Another thing i want to ask is suggestions/ideas about the mission.
I am planning to add more secondary operations, than just the staying undetected thing.
I mean like rescue civilians, blow up the fuel station, and some other kind of secondary operations.

I've already started making v1.35, these are what is done so far :

- Converted to JAM3 (All units now in HD, including players)
- Some other minor fixes. (Like adding the mistakenly leftout betatesters to the list, adding more fog, lag management etc)

You can also check out the BI FORUM thread here :  :)

Operation Spark at BI FORUMS

Regards,
Haroon1992
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2011, 13:38:59 by haroon1992 »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [SP/Coop] Operation Spark - v1.31 (1/4/2011) NEW VERSION!
« Reply #29 on: 03 Apr 2011, 01:04:01 »
I wouldn't touch it Haroon. Take it from a guy who has let over editing get out of control with many of my own missions. There is a such thing as too much in a single mission. Yours is perfect right now. Don't touch anything. Instead, begin work on a new mission, a sequel or what ever. The only thing to improve on this one would be a voices and an Outro.