Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP problems  (Read 4901 times)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Re: OFP problems
« Reply #15 on: 17 Jan 2011, 02:24:33 »
No problem!!! I will continue playind this game... I will continue uploading missions beta, but without addons. :good:
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2011, 14:59:47 »
Have you ever configured the ofp graphics setting?

It can be found in the main directory of ofp with the name OFPResistanceConfig.exe (or somewhat similar to that)

And try lowering down everything in it and check the game to see if the problem is removed.

(Actually, I was playing OFP Resistance with graphics which looked the same as original ofp for almost three months, and I thought what's this all about new graphics improvements.....LOL its my fault not to discover the configuration utility.)

If that doesn't help, then you should just buy your new gaming laptop.
(PM me or ask here if you are unsure about what laptop to buy if you decide to buy one.)

Code: [Select]
Sadly these BIS military games are very hardware hungry.I partially disagree with that.Just because I've been playing(and still playing) ArmA 2 with a Pentium 4 CPU (at 2.26 Ghz). And I could play most missions (except the ones with hundreds of scriptings and CPU consuming things)

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #17 on: 19 Jan 2011, 16:41:48 »
I had tried that, but the ofp not work >:(  I configured the ofp grapichs  and an error ocurred.

I forgot the text tha appeared in the game. I don't Know if so:

Code: [Select]
-1280x800x32-
-Out of memory-

I think that if so or not?
My OFP stuff
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #18 on: 20 Jan 2011, 14:58:45 »
According to those line, you probably have problems on the graphics card of your laptop.
Or maybe someother things like:

- you are out of virtual memory ( or something called "page file memory", if i remember correctly)
(As I don't have enough time to research at the moment, I can only give you minimal advice such as :
clean up your harddisk, free-up some spaces.
(Let it have at least 1gb of free space))

(To other people : Correct me if something is wrong.(Though there is no harm in deleting unneeded files from a system.)
Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #19 on: 20 Jan 2011, 15:25:49 »
The out of memory error is occurring because your graphics card can not handle that resolution...I think. Perhaps if you ran it at a lower resolution, with lower details on everything you may be able to operate the game.

I can't see how addons are causing such lag unless you're placing a large amount of them inside the editor. The amount you can place really depends on your system and by you having a laptop, you may not be able to handle much. It's probably best to build your projects in a way that limits the amount of objects on the map at one time by using creation and deletion practices.

Hard disc space is not going to effect the game after it's loaded. You either have enough space to install the game or you don't. Once its installed, you'll only need enough space to account for created missions and user data.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #20 on: 20 Jan 2011, 19:03:02 »
The harddisk memory not is problem!!! because I have 19.9GB free (I have installed the ofp in Disk (D)).   I think that addons are not the problem, because then the ofp would not low when i play the campaing and Single missions... :confused:

i've changed the ofp grapichs to 800x600x23. the current graphics were 1024x768x32. With resolution 1024x768x32, the ofp has been working perfectly, but there problem!!! when i try advance the time (x4000) Slows the ofp. Instead with resolution 800x600x23 work well, but the graphics is very bad.  >:(

If it ofp continies with their problems i will return to write.

EDIT: Now i have a problem. The Pistols textures don't load

Regards to all

~Aldo
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2011, 04:28:40 by Aldo15 »
My OFP stuff

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 30 Jan 2011, 22:56:03 »
The only time I ever experienced problems with models disappearing was when I had loaded a specific addon with the game. I would recommend loading the game with one addon at a time to narrow the cause.

There was also a time where I experienced models vanishing that were placed in visitor. It was almost always on Tonali and it was very inconsistent. In fact, I don't think I ever figured out what the cause was but I always suspected that it was my graphics card which was pretty low grade. I suspected a virus of sorts but it was never consistent enough to narrow down. I can only assume that it had something to do with the graphics card and the fluctuation in operating temperatures since heat plays a large role in slowdown and poor graphics rendering.

If you're certain that your hardware is getting enough ventilation and is relatively dust free, try isolating those addons.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #22 on: 30 Jan 2011, 23:33:52 »
I can only assume that it had something to do with the graphics card and the fluctuation in operating temperatures since heat plays a large role in slowdown and poor graphics rendering.

If you're certain that your hardware is getting enough ventilation and is relatively dust free, try isolating those addons.
this morning I turned off the pc, and he was very hot,  that happen everyday and ever
that i turn off my laptop.

And for example I remove all weapons to blackops and I add the m9 hand gun, the texture load, but if I add this hand gun to other unit that is not of BIS but  someone who has made it. For example BBS unit. This unit is a naval office, I think.... I'm not sure. Well, If i add this hand gun to this unit the texture don't load. Why?
My OFP stuff

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 31 Jan 2011, 10:07:13 »
How about giving us a link to the addon in question so that we can check it out with you.

On a side note, I would check each addon out independently before considering it's use in a mission. Back in the OFP days, many addon makers used global variables that clashed with one another. That was before they were urged to prefix each variable with an OFPEC tag to prevent that sort of thing. It could be that variables are clashing and preventing the gun from being added. I don't know for certain since I have no experience with addon configurations.

A cheap way to remedy your laptop heat up is to purchase a cooling pad.

NewEgg.com Newegg offers an espanol option on the right side of the search bar just below the login bar.
ComputerGeeks.comI was not able to find a language option for computergeeks.
Tigerdirect.com Scroll to the bottom of the page to select your country for translation.

Of those three, NewEgg has been my favorite.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #24 on: 31 Jan 2011, 19:25:27 »
Here is the link of addon if this link is wrong, please tell me.

~Aldo
My OFP stuff

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #25 on: 09 Feb 2011, 15:29:23 »
you should keep your laptop cool while playing games , because a hot laptop breaks more quickly and it also affects the battery life-span.

If you always use your laptop on your thigh, then the hot laptop will give you serious health issues.

(I always use a cooler when using my laptop, and when I can't find my cooler, I simply put five blocks of about 1.5" high under the laptop, to have better ventilation, and have the fan(portable fan with short stand) blow towards the laptop from a safe distance.)

You can always check if your graphics card or CPU is very hot by using the following softwares :

CPU-Z
GPU-Z

It is best to stop playing if the temperature of the GPU(Graphics Card) Or CPU exceeds 80'c .

Regards,
haroon1992

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #26 on: 10 Feb 2011, 19:04:23 »
All is fixed! I put several blocks on my laptop, and now I have a mini fan. To apparently the ofp graphics also are solved . Now I have no problems with the graphics  :clap:

Regards
~Aldo
My OFP stuff

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #27 on: 16 Feb 2011, 03:12:56 »
Hello All!

I'll want know if my Laptop have the miminum requeriments to play Armed Assault...

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M 550 ----- (2.0 GHz)
DirectX : 9.0
DDR2 : 1GB
Graphics : 384Mb with accelerator x3100
HDD: 120GB

Regards,
~Aldo
My OFP stuff

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #28 on: 16 Feb 2011, 09:41:21 »
Nope, your graphics card is far too weak, even for ArmA, let alone Arma 2.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #29 on: 16 Feb 2011, 18:34:51 »
Ummm, but if the Armed Assault graphics are 128mb or higher, Why not?
Excuse me my ignorance, but I don't know anything about the graphics and requeriments of game.

Regards,
~Aldo

My OFP stuff