Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Uninheriting a class in config and wounded proxies  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Absolution

• Members
Uninheriting a class in config and wounded proxies
« on: 30 Dec 2010, 18:14:37 »
Here's the run down. I am making after-market modifications to an existing mod. I am adding in an ambulance variant to the MaxxPro mod (with permission).

I am trying to remove the gunner position from the vehicle and my coding skills are such that I do not want to rewrite the config file and risk goofing something up. As a result I am inheriting properties from the other MaxxPros that have the turret class and as a result the Ambulance has it too. Is there a way to remove the turret class but leave every other inheritance intact?

Secondly, since this is an ambulance I need proxies for prone characters. Where can I find those?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Uninheriting a class in config and wounded proxies
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2010, 08:51:45 »
AFAIK you don't need any specific proxies for prone characters, you can define the animation that is played in a (gunner/cargo/driver/commander)proxy in the config, like for example cargoAction[]={"someCargoAnim"};
I think there's similar tokens for gunner, commander and driver too..
Easiest way to find the anim you want is to use a anim viewer which should give you the name of the anim you can then use in the config.

Is there a way to remove the turret class but leave every other inheritance intact?
Maybe just adding a empty turret definition in the new ambulance class would help?
As in class Turrets {}; or something :dunno:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.