Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Always amazed when I visit OFPEC  (Read 1736 times)

Offline lustypooh

• Members
Always amazed when I visit OFPEC
« on: 27 Dec 2010, 05:52:08 »
Guys, every time I revisit OFPEC it keeps getting better.  I can't believe this is based on that crappy looking website I put together with my primitive HTML skills. It is already 9 years ago? Just shows what a team effort can achieve.

Wish you continued success with the website. Looking forward to seeing what the companies come out with next regarding ARMA and OFP and what you guys do with them.

Lustypooh

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Always amazed when I visit OFPEC
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2010, 14:01:22 »
 :o

I wasn't even aware you were still around! Hello there, what a nice holiday surprise! Still into editing OFP, or have you moved on towards the newer titles? ;)

*gets out his old-man stick* Now look here young'uns, this here be the guy who was reverse-engineerin' OFP way back when it was nothin' but a demo, and the idea of an official, commented, searchable command reference was jus' a glint in Marek's eye, an' havin' a place ter talk about all o' this exciting new-fangled stuff wasn't even thought o' yet. Heck, he's older than ME, an' I's been around fer years!

:clap:

Happy holidays and the last couple of days of 2010; 2011 will be OFPEC's 10 year anniversary year. Think about that for a second!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline lustypooh

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2010, 03:59:15 »
Hey Wolfrug. Yeah I am probably older than you. Hell I was older than most everyone in 2001  :D

Glad to see Tigershark kept the site alive after I got burned out and killed the site (my stupidity).

I don't do any editing any more.  Actually OFP was the only game I did an editing website for. 

Decided to play ARMA II again (fun game) and decided to see if the site was still around.

10 years is a pretty freakin long time for a game editing website. Again tribute to all the contributors.

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2010, 13:44:46 »
Everyone be on your best behavior, we're with The Old Breed now. :cool2:

Great to see you're still around, lustypooh. I've read all about your exploits with OFPEC all those years ago, you can definitely see that the foundations you laid were what kept this website alive for almost a decade now. Hope you had a great holiday!

(And for the record, I still play OFP at least once a week to this day, even if the community has moved on. While I like Arma 2, there's something about OFP that just doesn't get boring. :D )

Offline pcverden

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2010, 23:36:59 »
I never actually go the chance to talk to you way back in the early days lusty so just want to say thanks for what you kick started!

Hadn't it been for your site and what it became (concept-5/OFPEC) I'd probably never would have loved OFP and ArmA as much as I did and I probably never would have started on my career as a programmer. After all, my love for fiddling with codes came from here. :D

And to everyone else that keeps this site running still, thanks to you all  :good:

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2010, 21:46:07 »
Oh wow, hello there. I remember reading about you way back when and I thought, "I wonder if he realizes where OFPEC has gone."
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)