Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need help with cutscenes  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
Need help with cutscenes
« on: 27 Dec 2010, 13:57:33 »
Hello. I need help with making a cutscenes. Yes i did readed beginners tutorial but i didnt found anything useful. So yeah, here is what i want to make:
Player 1 must to go to the waypoint, when he goes there cutscene begins. Camera shows Civilian1 (i want it just to show him not to have some retarded movements or something) and he says
"Hello Maxwell. Nice day today isnt it?"
Camera shows player
"Yes James, it is. Why did you called me to job so early?"
Camera shows Civilian1:
"Because..... Because we think that there is threat to our national safety"
Camera shows player:
"What?"
And etc.. So yeah that would be a dialogue. And after the cutscene for example Civilian1 gets killed(animation) and there is new waypoint to you: ESCAPE.
Please help, i am new in OFP!!!

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Re: Need help with cutscenes
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2010, 14:40:02 »
I do not know if this is what you need, but you should enter the mission editor and put the two soldiers. Put in the boot of a soldier This exec "camera.sqs" You should move the cursor to the soldier you want to talk and give him space bar. The course will become red box and now oppress the Ctrl button. You must exit the editor (Alt + Tab) and locate the folder where you saved the mission. You must create a file SQS with ANY name. and Dar (Ctrl + v). has to be more or less well.

Code: [Select]
_camera = "camera" camCreate [0 , 0, 0]
_camera cameraEffect ["internal","back"]

;=== 9:19:07
_camera camSetTarget Soldier1
_camera camSetPos [11102.43,1261.10,0.75]
_camera camSetFOV 0.700
_camera camCommit 0
@camCommitted _camera

player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]
camDestroy _camera

and if you want the civilian conversation dead end just need to write this
Civilian1 setDammage
The previous question is blocked but I'm going to respond here. Just as you wrote is wrong bobSwitchMoveFxStandSurDown should write this  Bob switchmove "FXStandSurDown"

~aldo
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2010, 14:44:49 »
Yes i did readed beginners tutorial but i didnt found anything useful.

Nothing at all? Even in this section? What about this tutorial?

The scene you describe is very doable. There's not much we can say that hasn't already been said in those two tutorials.

Is there something specific that you don't understand?
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2010, 14:46:46 »
I do not know if this is what you need, but you should enter the mission editor and put the two soldiers. Put in the boot of a soldier This exec "camera.sqs" You should move the cursor to the soldier you want to talk and give him space bar. The course will become red box and now oppress the Ctrl button. You must exit the editor (Alt + Tab) and locate the folder where you saved the mission. You must create a file SQS with ANY name. and Dar (Ctrl + v). has to be more or less well.

_camera = "camera" camCreate [0 , 0, 0]
_camera cameraEffect ["internal","back"]

;=== 9:19:07
_camera camSetTarget Soldier1
_camera camSetPos [11102.43,1261.10,0.75]
_camera camSetFOV 0.700
_camera camCommit 0
@camCommitted _camera

player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]
camDestroy _camera

and if you want the civilian conversation dead end just need to write this
Civilian1 setDammage
The previous question is blocked but I'm going to respond here. Just as you wrote is wrong bobSwitchMoveFxStandSurDown should write this  Bob switchmove "FXStandSurDown"

~aldo

Thanks, i'l try that and i think i understand :) If it wont work i will post here what happened..

And Dmitryev, i dont understand coding, i am looking for easier solutions, because i just started mission editing with OFP... Yes i played ofp for long time but i started to create missions just now..

Also one more question, how do i hide a man after a cutscene?
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2010, 14:51:11 by Rytuklis »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2010, 02:29:56 »
Welcome to OFPEC Rytuklis.
Those tutorials contain all the information you need to create cutscenes in scripts. If you prefer not to script with code, the game offers camera use within the effects tab of triggers. The effects are limited and will not produce the same results as you would get from scripted cinema but should satisfy your desire to keep it simple. Since you're asking questions about the code posted above, that tells everyone that you don't mind dabbling in it a little. In that case, those tutorials are perfect for you. If after you have read the tutorials and you still have questions, use the search feature with keywords that these forums offer first and if you still find no topic covering your issue, be free to post one of your own.

When you have reached a satisfactory state with your mission, please post it in our beta forums and we will be happy to test it for you.

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2010, 09:47:31 »
Thanks for tips :)