Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Armory Unit Description  (Read 1181 times)

Offline jdblair5

• Members
Armory Unit Description
« on: 01 Dec 2010, 03:01:29 »
Ive done general searches on the forums , which by the way are very informative , however I am unable to find what I am looking for in regards to this matter , it may very well be in my wording.
   When in the armory there is a description displayed about the unit , IE the SUV or the AH-64 , where is this info located? I feel like some of the descriptions could be expanded upon and I have noticed several add-ons simply do not have a description at all. In the grand scheme of things it my scene trivial but some times I just like popping in the armory to see all the available units and would like them all to have accurate descriptions.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Armory Unit Description
« Reply #1 on: 01 Dec 2010, 18:08:29 »
Each config entry (for weapons, vehicles, units etc) has a library class, as such:

Code: [Select]
class Library  {
libTextDesc = "$STR_LIB_M16";
};

Which determines the "library text description" that you're looking for. The actual string it's referring to, however, exists in a stringtable.xml which, I think, can usually be found inside the same .pbo as the config, or if not, inside the ca.pbo. Don't quote me on that, though. If an addon does not have a description, it's probably because it's missing the above class in its config, meaning you can fairly easily add it. If you're making your own, I believe the text can just be written directly into the config as well, you don't HAVE to have a stringtable for it. :)

But yes, to be able to 'fix' this, you'd have to do a lot of config searching, replacing and so on. You could -maybe- create a replacement config that would replace just the above class with your own descriptions, but once again this will be a lot of work.

Wolfrug out.

"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline jdblair5

• Members
Re: Armory Unit Description
« Reply #2 on: 01 Dec 2010, 18:33:32 »
Thanks for the reply. Was kinda hoping it was going to be a little less laborious.