Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Rescue.  (Read 14101 times)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [SP] Rescue [New Version! 1.7]
« Reply #30 on: 31 Jan 2011, 19:20:18 »
The Overview and Briefing text are improved.
The Intro is also better. Looks like you worked out the crazy truck syndrome.
The mission is still blah. By that I mean, you may as well set the player solo against the entire army. All the other AI are in the players group so stupid they just run right into fields of fire. Reminds me of the U.S Revolutionary war when the two sides would stand 20 meters off, face to face and blast each other in the name of honor and courage(Dumb asses).

I would keep the resistance near the town. As it is now, they meet the Americans out in the open(beyond the graveyard) and since the Americans have no cover in the open fields, they are slaughtered.

Keep in mind that the AI will not respond until enemy are identified. If you have the AI running flat out toward a single waypoint in the city, they may get too busy running to identify targets. Place more waypoints in between.

Put more LAW soldiers in there. Keep the Armor from smashing that damn graveyard because it ruins the medic tent. Or just relocate the tent somewhere.

I played this one up to the point where I was injured and sniping resistance with a hunting rifle before some group sprinted through and shot up the trucks. That sort of deflated my motivation since I was no longer fighting for a cause.

I played again and this time just left my squad to their death runs while I flanked right to use the cover of the hedges to mask my approach(Maybe you should have the infantry approach from that direction anyways, it would prevent the resistance from spotting them too soon). I used what grenades I had but dared not fire a shot to give away my position. I was able to make it to the west side of town and this time around one US tank was able to prevail as well as about four units from the eastern group. The play right now seems to go both ways. But if the US armor can't stay alive, the resistance armor makes it hell. It may level the playing field if you were to have armor retreat when the other sides armor has been destroyed.

Still some balancing to do. Don't change the resistance numbers, just tweak the west some to help them survive longer and behave smarter, perhaps moving the players squad so that the can use the trees to conceal their approach would lengthen their lives.

Mission accomplished is spelled with one "S"

Good to see an outro in there.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #31 on: 01 Feb 2011, 15:06:07 »
Hi Savedbygrace, I had some problems to understand you.  :confused:

he mission is still blah. By that I mean, you may as well set the player solo against the entire army.

Could you re-explain. I do not understand what you wrote  :D

I would keep the resistance near the town. As it is now, they meet the Americans out in the open(beyond the graveyard) and since the Americans have no cover in the open fields, they are slaughtered.

II'll try  keep the resistance near the town, for that they are not slaughtered or I'll try add more trees in your position

keep in mind that the AI will not respond until enemy are identified. If you have the AI running flat out toward a single waypoint in the city, they may get too busy running to identify targets. Place more waypoints in between.

Which Units do you speak?
Resistance or my group

Put more LAW soldiers in there. Keep the Armor from smashing that damn graveyard because it ruins the medic tent. Or just relocate the tent somewhere.

I'll try to do that

It may level the playing field if you were to have armor retreat when the other sides armor has been destroyed.

I will correct that

Mission accomplished is spelled with one "S"

Ops!!!  :whistle: Sorry I did not realize

Thanks again for playing my mission... :good:

Regards.

~Aldo

My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #32 on: 01 Feb 2011, 19:07:08 »
The mission is still blah
I was tired. I had been testing for a while already. The mission was same as before. The balance was so off that it became a solo mission with me against infantry, and tanks. I don't mind that at all but out in the open is rather difficult to overcome.

Rather than place trees, just shift the players group west so that they can use the bushes and trees as concealment on their approach. The armor can stay the same.

I was speaking of the west. It looks like they are more concerned with reaching their waypoint than they are staying alive.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Re: [SP] Rescue [New Version! 1.8]
« Reply #33 on: 06 Feb 2011, 22:41:34 »
My OFP stuff
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #34 on: 09 Feb 2011, 15:32:47 »
I'll beta-test this one if have got enough free-time.
For now, just downloading it.

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

STiT/LK

« Reply #35 on: 15 Feb 2011, 15:01:47 »
Hola Aldo15, I tested version 1.8 of your mission.

Intro/Outro: Good. Nothing special, but well done anyway. :)

Overview: I don't recall any problem with it.

Briefing: It has many improvements and it's more understandable now. Muy bueno. ;)

Mission: I see a lot of things have changed since the first release and that's good.

Bad weather makes sometimes hard to understand which units are on you side and which ones are not. I think I killed at least two US soldiers while testing the mission, lol  :D

Also you did a good work by placing objects between La Riviere and the inserition point, they add atmosphere and provide good shelter.

The mission became a little harder since the first version, but it still can be done in a few minutes. Maybe you could add secondary objectives? Like counterattacks or make the player drive the trucks back to the base.

I liked the custom resources as well. You could move the "mission accomplished" text to the center of the screen.  ;)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #36 on: 16 Feb 2011, 01:13:24 »
Hi STiT/LK Thanks for your kind Review!  :good:

Bad weather makes sometimes hard to understand which units are on you side and which ones are not. I think I killed at least two US soldiers while testing the mission, lol

I wanted make it that way, so that mission be hard. lol  :D

Also you did a good work by placing objects between La Riviere and the inserition point, they add atmosphere and provide good shelter.

I was tired of die alwayls for the .50 caliber machine guns and the machine gunners  :dry:

he mission became a little harder since the first version, but it still can be done in a few minutes. Maybe you could add secondary objectives? Like counterattacks or make the player drive the trucks back to the base.

Good idea, I'll add more objective to the mission, I think I have a good idea... thanks for telling me  :good:

I liked the custom resources as well. You could move the "mission accomplished" text to the center of the screen.

I'll try to make it  :clap:  ;)

Anyway thanks you for inspiring comments  ;)

Regards,
~Aldo
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2011, 01:21:55 by Aldo15 »
My OFP stuff

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Re: [SP] Rescue [New Version! 1.9]
« Reply #37 on: 21 Feb 2011, 17:49:01 »
New Version Available... 1.9
Now with a new objective a new image....
My OFP stuff

Offline ofp addict

• Members
« Reply #38 on: 22 Feb 2011, 18:13:09 »
I tested your mission but i never got to see any action. Just the intro, And what I think is the outro.

I only got to see an error message inbetween the intro\outro which reads:

cannot load mission, missing addons lsr_uswp

Overview

tidy work

Intro

Its very good, nice camera work. I see three fuel trucks moving along a scenic route through malden with credits

outro

I see three burning fuel trucks and an officer promotes sombody to a corporal to a seargent.

mission

Unknown   :(
Infinite love is the only truth. Everything else is illusion

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #39 on: 22 Feb 2011, 19:10:20 »
Hi, ofp adicct, thanks you for playing my project!  :good:

Well, I think that there is a problem with addons... my mission isn't damaged...

I'll try upload the mission again, but You can play it (if you want) just you must use this tool.

This tool is to decrypt the mission, and play it on the mission editor. You must to open the file called "mission.sqs"
and remove the lsr_uswp addon.

before:

version=11;
class Mission
{
   addOns[]=
   {
      "Hunter",
      "BIS_WeaponPack",
      "bis_resistance",
      "EditorUpdate102",
      "MM1",
      "G36a",
      "bas_soarpilots",
      "jam_magazines",
      "bas_soar185",
      "BAS_MAH60",
           "lsr_uswp"
   };

after:

version=11;
class Mission
{
   addOns[]=
   {
      "Hunter",
      "BIS_WeaponPack",
      "bis_resistance",
      "EditorUpdate102",
      "MM1",
      "G36a",
      "bas_soarpilots",
      "jam_magazines",
      "bas_soar185",
      "BAS_MAH60"
   };

I've uploaded a new mission.  ;)

Regards,
Aldo
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2011, 20:13:25 by Aldo15 »
My OFP stuff

Offline ofp addict

• Members
« Reply #40 on: 22 Feb 2011, 20:18:35 »
Can this problem not be fixed ? I want to play from the single missions menu. Not the mission editor. :confused:
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2011, 20:20:06 by ofp addict »

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #41 on: 22 Feb 2011, 20:27:28 »
That's I've written (if You want), if you don't want to play in the mission editor, no problem men!  :D
Also Yuo can dowload the new mission.  :D

Regards,
Aldo
My OFP stuff

Offline ofp addict

• Members
« Reply #42 on: 22 Feb 2011, 20:38:32 »
It seems to work now on the single missions menu since you have re-uploaded the mission and removed the lsr_uswp from the .sqs. Maybe you could add that to your bug fixes. I'm currenty testing mission now.!

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #43 on: 22 Feb 2011, 21:33:59 »
Where Could I place my  bug fixes?
Well, I'll try to put the bug fixed in the Readme.txt o maybe here, but after, when I upload other version

Thanks you OFP addict
My OFP stuff

Offline ofp addict

• Members
« Reply #44 on: 22 Feb 2011, 21:52:00 »
Sorry not so much a bug its an error message!

I mean to say the changelog on the topic

example

lsr_uswp removed from mission.sqs