Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Anims  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Anims
« on: 28 Nov 2010, 00:10:27 »
Hi, I have a question: What should you do to activate animations downloaded a new island?. What happens is that when I go out and appears as the editor was left before, I mean I'm playing a mission in Everon jungle and when I leave the editor appears in the main menu that I am still playing.

My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: Anims
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2010, 01:33:43 »
If you lock your own topics, it prevents ordinary members from replying!

This is to be expected when an island creator did not make an Anim for it. When they exist, the animations are separate from the island .pbo in a folder of their own.

See STT Desert Malden for an example.

When playing on an island that does not have an Animation, do not be dead when you return to the Menu as the whole screen will fade to black.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2010, 05:01:17 »
Does the animations folder is passed to the Addons folder?
What format? PBO or so as it comes in the archive.
My OFP stuff
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2010, 00:05:30 »
If there is a folder containing an Animation, it goes in either <OFP>\Addons or <OFP>\Res\Addons - check what it says in the readme. As it comes in the zip, it does not need to be pbo'd.

The Animation is a basically a simple 'mission intro' in a folder in the Addons directory (but this does need to be pointed at from the config of the island); eg.

Addons \ sttabeldes . pbo   <--- the island
Addons \ STTAbel_DesertAnim \   <--- the folder for the Animation
Addons \ STTAbel_DesertAnim \ intro . sttabel_desert \   <--- the mission folder for the Animation
Addons \ STTAbel_DesertAnim \ intro . sttabel_desert \ mission .sqm   <--- the Animation

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2010, 18:01:06 »
My OFP stuff

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2010, 01:14:24 »
...Y como se crean las animaciones para las islas que no las traen.
              How do I create animations for the islands that do not have them?

An animation is a simple mission created in the editor, add a script with looping camera views and export it to missions folder.
Create your own and follow the naming convention above presented by Walter_E_Kurtz. Then insert it into your addons folder.

How I can get the Camera to pursue a LAW missile or RPG, and pursue a unit and not be in the same position?
Check this script out in our editors depot. It may get you going in the right direction. If it doesn't, search the forums.

Please do not post in Spanish. This is an English only Forum. Thanks.