Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Oxygen Cant open P3d  (Read 4755 times)

Offline Absolution

• Members
Oxygen Cant open P3d
« on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:06:20 »
I was working with a P3d file the other day and had no problems. Today I open the file and I get an angry text box:

"Unable to load binarized version of the P3D. Mesh loaded into the editor is only known bounding box of the P3D model. You can see some properties in Named Properties window."

What does this mean and how do I make it go away?

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
Re: Oxygen Cant open P3d
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2010, 18:37:16 »

worst case scenario is you Binarised the original and now you cant open it anymore, Best case is your opening the wrong one and need to re-open  your original non-binarised  p3d.

Only way you can look at that binarised one now is to make a new file > creat > proxy >link to the binarised  p3d , then click View  Show proxies and your model will be shoen , you cant edit it anymore though :(.

I love ofp

Offline Absolution

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2010, 20:45:29 »
Hmm I was afraid of that. I tried downloading the original model but in that case the model isn't opening correctly. It loads "okay" but the geometry in the view lod is hidden. It's hard to describe but I can select the geometry in the view selection but I can't click drag that exact same geometry in the work space. It's there but its not there. This predates my breaking it and I don't get any bizarized errors and I know it *should* work because it was fine a few weeks ago.

Any ideas on that one?

...I've been working with 02 for about a year now without major incident and all of a sudden it goes bats**t crazy on me. I don't think I am doing anything different...

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2010, 12:00:08 »
Contact mikero. He should be able to help you recover your work.

Offline Absolution

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2010, 19:23:43 »
It's all good. I was able to recover a previous save. I lost some progress but fortunately I am quite ADD about making backups and the damage was minimal.

Thank you for the assistance.

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2010, 08:37:33 »
good to hear  :good: