Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need help with Picture as Dialog Background  (Read 1701 times)

Offline raptor 6 actual

• Members
Need help with Picture as Dialog Background
« on: 04 Nov 2010, 16:13:58 »
Ok, I know that there are about no less than fifty threads pertaining to this issue, and I have used the search function until I broke my mouse, but seriously, I have looked at numerous examples and have over 30 bookmarked pages for reference on dialogs.

My problem is this. I have a 9 Line Rite-in-rain "TYPE" of card I want to use as a background when my dialog comes up. It's already got an alpha channel made for it, I believe I scaled it down to 512 x 512 pixels, so I believe that's all good to go.

I have this in the description.ext
Code: [Select]
class raptor_9line {
idd = -1;
movingEnable = false;
onLoad = "";
controlsBackground[] = {};
objects[] = {};
controls[] = {"noartback"};

class noartback {
idc = -1;
type = CT_STATIC;
style = ST_PICTURE;
colorBackground[] = { };
colorText[] = { };
font = Bitstream;
sizeEx = 0.023;
moving = true;
x = -0.0; y = -0.0;
w = 1.0; h = 1.0;
text = "dialog\9_line.paa";
};
};

All I get when I call it up is a white box. I have even tried using a different .paa file from Mando's Missle addon (which I had given him) and still the white box. I have tried defining RSCPicture, RSCText, etc., etc. I have played around with the colorBackground and colorText fields...all either getting the white box or just the foreground of the game but with no movement allowed by player (indicating that the game did call up the script) Anyways, I've tried so many different variables trying to do a process of elimination to determine the problem.

Again, I don't consider myself lazy in the terms of the search function, and I hate starting a new thread for this, but I finally have started turning grey over this. The background image is wanted because I can customize it later (personal preference) hence the reason I don't just remake a 9-Line format as in VBS 2.

I appreciate the understanding and respect the rules of the Forum, but please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. BTW, I even dissected other peoples' dialogs but still "No joy!"

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: Need help with Picture as Dialog Background
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2010, 21:26:22 »
Withou any in depth knowledge of dialogues I do know a little about using images in OFP/ArmA/ArmA2. Here are two possible troublestarters:

1) What fileformat did you START with (before you convered yor file into .paa format). If I'm going to include an alpha channels I usually start with a .png. Maybe you had a .jpg or .bmp???
2) What program did you use for the conversion? texView2? Are you sure you are using the newest update?
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline raptor 6 actual

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2010, 00:10:38 »
Ok, I started out with a .jpg, got it to where I wanted it (different layers and all) and then saved it as a .png. I created the alpha channel, saved it as a .tga, and then opened it up in TexView version 2.0.  I don't know if that's the current version yet, but I'll check and return.

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2010, 01:49:20 »
The problem is that you use undefined macros in your config:

type = CT_STATIC;
  style = ST_PICTURE;

Add these lines at the top of your config:

Code: [Select]
#define CT_STATIC  0
#define ST_PICTURE 48
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline raptor 6 actual

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Nov 2010, 02:23:22 »
In the words of Special Ed from the Crank Yankers..."YAAAAAAYYY!!!!" Thank you all for the help, defining it is what I needed.