Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unregistered tags  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
Unregistered tags
« on: 30 Oct 2010, 17:54:04 »
While browsing the net I found a couple of scripts/configs which use unregistered tags:

If you use any of these tag please register them.
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Unregistered tags
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2010, 22:31:41 »
There are tons and tons more, including tags that don't follow the guidelines (e.g. tags with only two letters instead of the minimum of 3). Sigh  :(

Wolfrug out.
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2010, 08:29:04 by Wolfrug »
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2010, 22:58:54 »
D3Z will be Dead3yz from the BIS Forums (at least, I imagine so).  Not seen any of the others in the wild.

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2011, 08:25:08 »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 09 Oct 2011, 21:07:45 »
Hey kju,

We're discussing this, we'll see how we solve it, but it shouldn't be impossible by any means. We'll let you, and everyone else, know how it pans out. :yes:

Wolfrug out.

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2011, 11:41:48 »
Well, it is a while since I was around on here  :-[

I have a registered tag RHB_ which you can see here:

http://www.ofpec.com/tags/index.php?action=details&tag_id=1282

I have two questions:

1) Is is possible to edit/update the tag information, as mine is out of date (I have been living in Cornwall, England for 3 years now, not San Diego, California any longer)?

2) How can you edit your profile to include your registered tags on your profile page e.g. hoz has a "OFPEC Tags:" section in his profile listing them? Or how can that be requested?

I wonder if it might be possible to link a tag page in the tag database to the registered owner's profile page in OFPEC so that they are able to edit it themselves?  Of course that might be a lot of work without achieving an awful lot as a result.

Actually, I have one more question.  Unless I am going blind  ???, there does not seem to be a menu item to get to the tags page:

http://www.ofpec.com/tags/index.php?

from the menu system?  Should it be listed under OFPEC Addons Depot >> Resources, and perhaps elsewhere too?
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2011, 12:00:05 by RichUK »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2011, 12:24:15 »
Edit: I 'edited' your tag, and just re-submitted it with no changes, and now your profile seems to have picked it up. See if you can find the edit button next to it now to fix it up. Looks like this:

Those are all good points, RichUK!

At least I can edit my tag info by pressing the little 'edit' button right of the tag name - but this might be an admin-only thing, in which case it should probably be changed so that users can edit their own tags, just as you suggested.  ;)

A link to the tags section from the Addons Depot would obviously be good too, d'oh.  ::)

Your profile should automatically have a list of your tags - at least mine does? Then again, it's possible your tag comes from an older version of the tag system and it's not properly synched to your forum profile or somesuch. I...don't really know how all of this works. This might also be a reason why you can't edit your own tag, if the forum doesn't recognize you.

That's really the thing with all of this right now; @kju as well; we've got an idea for how to let you re-register a tag, but we're going to have to work on the mechanics behind it for a while, so please be patient. But we'll definitely get 'er done. One way or another.

:cool2:

Wolfrug out.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2011, 12:28:48 by Wolfrug »

Offline droogs

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2011, 16:00:44 »
Hi guys
With reference to Tag registration, could we possibly assign either of the following AAA/ZZZ to be used/referenced in tutorials/guides. By this i mean in the write up of a tutorial the author can use AAA_Filename etc. This is just so we can start to get a it of standardisation in the format of tutorials and not bruise anyones ego by using their tag by accident

cheers

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2011, 16:20:09 »
Tags, once registered, should be used -everywhere-. In scripts. For addons. For addon-scripts. For mission names. For global variables! EVERYTHING should have your tag added to it. A tutorial? Hells yes, add your tag. The more the better.

Unless you mean that we'd use either AAA or ZZZ exclusively for tutorials as a tag, in which case I think that's rather unnecessary (and it'd make more sense to use TUT or TUTE anyway).

Wolfrug out.

Offline droogs

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2011, 00:40:42 »
was going to suggest TUT but its been registered already

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jan 2012, 01:26:05 »
Any chance to claim this tag (DEV_) please?
http://www.ofpec.com/tags/index.php?action=details&tag_id=677

My application (using DEV2_):
http://www.ofpec.com/tags/index.php?action=details&tag_id=2265
There will be no reassignment of tags. First come, first serve. Sorry.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2012, 01:33:51 by savedbygrace »