Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: how to return the addon name of a vehicle arma 2 and OA ?? (SOLVED)  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Zonekiller

• Members
    • Zonekiller Page
im doing a script that creates vehicles and i need to know what addon is required for that vehicle , just using standard arma 2 vehicles , is there a way to get the addon required from CFGvehicles ?
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2010, 20:59:44 by Zonekiller »

Offline PartyHead

• Members
Re: how to return the addon name of a vehicle arma 2 and OA ??
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2010, 22:28:47 »
Hey Zonekiller, How are you going mate ?

Just thought i would post and say G'day, and to say thanks again for your Battlefield2 style missions.

Im still using it as a base template for my missions. Ive been working on a Conquest mission called "Battlefield Zargabad Extended", which is basically your mission template, converted to Operation Arrowhead content and extended with lots of new features.
Using your missions as a guide to learning scripting and how things are done, has been invaluable mate. :good:

What are you working on now ?

Hey can you have ago at fixing the script problem i posted about.

Catch you later mate.

Cheers. 

Offline Zonekiller

• Members
    • Zonekiller Page
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2010, 23:30:39 »
Hey Dude

im making a 3 way Battlefield for OA with all new FSM scripts and using all the new vehicles and weapons
im on the last bit as i have made a script that pulls all the men , vehicles and weapons from the CFGvehicles
all you do is put in the factions you want on each side and bang , it pulls arrays out for men , vehicles and weapons in about 1/2 a second for the 3 sides,

this new one has 12 bases and seems to be very vehicle warfare happy :)

just trying to find the addon names for each vehicle so i can add them as they are created on the fly.

other than that just got to pretty up the bases and its done..  still kept it so it can be changed easy, infact
you can reduce the number of bases and the scripts will adjust, and all the settings are now in one sqf file,

and the AI are a hell of alot more nasty now :)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2010, 17:00:02 »
You guys really should have this kinda of conversation via PMs instead of going off-topic from the get-go :cop:

As for the question at hand, to my understanding if you have script in a mission that creates vehicle and you test the mission in the editor and then save it (the edited mission, not mission progress) the required addon is automatically listed in the mission.sqm file even though it doesn't actually exist in the mission until the script is run. :dunno:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Zonekiller

• Members
    • Zonekiller Page
« Reply #4 on: 28 Oct 2010, 22:37:14 »
thats how ive been doing it since ofp and keeping a addon.txt file in the mission folder, i was hoping there was a better way,

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2010, 20:09:17 »
In ArmA and Arma2 (and forwards) the "on-the-fly" created addon actually gets referenced in the mission.sqm file thus making the mission require the addon in question (as in unplayable if you don't have it), so that's the difference to OFP..

There is a set of config reading commands you could try to use in order to get the required addons, the problem is that the game "compiles" all configs it loads into one big pile so it comes kinda hard to differentiate which addons needs what.

(que in kju for the solution :P )
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Zonekiller

• Members
    • Zonekiller Page
« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2010, 20:13:25 »
Thanks for that
ive been working on it all day and i think i cracked it , and it does seem to load the addons on the fly

look at Zonekillers array builder