Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Half Life Addon Pack  (Read 11742 times)

Offline Lenyoga

• Professor of Misanthropology
  • Members
Re: Half Life Addon Pack
« Reply #15 on: 17 Mar 2012, 19:40:25 »
@Hobbesy Thank you very much, again, for your assistance.

@Skyclad There's no update yet, but I might be able to do some improvements on the add-ons within the next months - I'm also working on two other OFP/CWA mods right now, so it could take a while.
As a grandmother I've got lots of gold.

Offline Icarus

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 14 Aug 2012, 09:49:38 »
Hello Lenyoga,

Your Half-Life addons are really astonishing and fun to play with.
There is only one thing that bothered me. Is it possible to make portal gun use bullet simulation instead of grenades?
In its current form it is difficult to make long range teleporting because of high arc trajectory and
mainly because the second teleport gate often spawn at high altutitude making it suicide run. :(

Take care, Icarus

Offline Lenyoga

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 14 Aug 2012, 16:14:20 »
@Icarus

Hello,
I tried it with bullet simulation in the beginning, I think, and it worked pretty well on long ranges. The problem was that it did not work on short ranges any more, and the minimum range which allowed a successful use of the portal gun increased with the number of objects on the map. But I guess I could do one thing - change the script which controls the velocity of the grenades.
Thanks for your input, I'll be looking for a way to fix it.

Offline Lenyoga

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 19 Aug 2012, 20:29:50 »
Update, everyone;

I changed a few things: The pulse rifles now have a standard reload animation and fire their secondary attack straight, like it should be. The Striders have new armor values, that means soldiers equipped with the RPGs from this addon will fire at them. And finally, the Portal Gun now fires without that typical grenade behavior.

XXX-It'll take some time before it's uploaded somewhere, but it's good to go, basically.-XXX
-- New link's in the top post.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2012, 21:53:53 by Lenyoga »

Offline Icarus

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 26 Aug 2012, 09:37:04 »
Thank you for updating your addons, Lenyoga  :good:

Portal gun now really can be used at long ranges. There seems to be some problems with portal gun sound, as it sometimes get into a never ending loop. Other than that, these addons are great!

Icarus

Offline Lenyoga

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 26 Aug 2012, 18:22:03 »
Ah yeah, if you're talking about the teleporting 'whoop' sound, I know why that's happening... I tried to make the Portal gun as universally usable as possible, so it will teleport pretty much anything. Even invisible objects, and if they stay on the same location as the other portal, they'll eventually be teleported between those two locations in a never ending loop...

Offline Lenyoga

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 02 Dec 2012, 02:02:13 »
So, I effectively updated this monster! For changes, see the first post.

Offline Lenyoga

• Members
« Reply #22 on: 08 Dec 2012, 03:26:58 »
Finally, another full update. Many changes have been made (see first post.)

I hope I'm not spamming by noting down each and every update here, if I do so, please notify me.