Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SOM Issue  (Read 1921 times)

Offline mikejhunter

• Members
SOM Issue
« on: 17 Oct 2010, 20:25:14 »
I made a mission using the SOMscripts off of Armaholic, and everything works just perfectly fine when I host a MP session on my computer, however when I put it on my dedicated server I can select the mission, but it doesn't go any further. It doesn't have the radio confirm I selected the mission or allow me to say yes or no to it. Any help would be apprecheated.

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
Re: SOM Issue
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2010, 00:19:31 »
Hi mike,

according to the author these scripts weren't made with MP compatibility in mind:

Quote from: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7198#comments
Posted by cobra4v320         
Still learning how to script, don't really know much about dedicated servers yet. Also I'm still further updating this menu, there are still some minor errors I'm working on.

You could try to contact him. Maybe there's an updated version.

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline mikejhunter

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2010, 04:56:00 »
Are you aware of anything similar which does work?

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2010, 12:19:07 »
Hmmm, no. Sorry. :dunno:

Can anyone help here?
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2010, 20:31:31 »
Many of the modules show strange or malfunctioning behavior on a dedicated server.

Don't think there is really any way around it regarding most issues.

I have been able to make SOM Artillery Support work on a dedi, but the "transport" and "supply drop" still fails.

My theory is that the modules were made for the "Harvest Red" campaign which is always hosted.
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline mikejhunter

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2010, 00:29:51 »
Buggers. That would explain why they work when I host the mission then. Is there a way to place units on a map via radio message. Like the map has no hostiles on it just friendlies, then you can either hit a radio command or a scroll menu command and then the desired area is populated with a hostile force?