Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Radiation script - edit  (Read 2374 times)

Offline SaS TrooP

• Members
  • n00b always & everywhere
Radiation script - edit
« on: 16 Oct 2010, 01:47:00 »
I was searching for radiation script and found that thing:
http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=32707.0

Can someone explain me how to change two things:
1. Which command makes hints all the time making "ping, ping :P"
I removed hint and replaced it as hintsilent, but nothing happens. I wonder if format command does not make that sound, but I am not sure.
2. That script affects all units on the map. How to define if only affected units are player(s) or side, for example west. As said in instruction (if I understand it well!) I should put an array of units affected by this script. Problem is, that only working element name is thislist. I tried with various options (west, player, unitnames etc.) while changing activation of a trigger (as I understand well, activation set on "anyone" makes thisList equal nearly all units on the map, while "west" should make thisList list only west units, right?). Only full affection works.
How to get rid of this?

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
Re: Radiation script - edit
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2010, 03:42:17 »
1. Replacing "hint" with "hintSilent" works. You either missed one of the three hints or are running the wrong script. ;)

2. Hmm, the script works fine here. If you have A2OA you might want to take a look at the attached mission. Only the guerrillas die when approaching the helicopter because of the trigger settings.
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline SaS TrooP

• Members
  • n00b always & everywhere
Re: Radiation script - edit
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2010, 13:46:26 »
Well, your templlate works quite fine. What's the best, I had problems while trigger was a box/cube. When a circle everything works fine.