Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP] Revenge! [Review Complete]  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Binkowski

• OFP-fanatic
  • OFPEC Patron
    • My Personal Website
[SP] Revenge! [Review Complete]
« on: 30 Sep 2010, 23:25:19 »
Author:
John Binkowski

Version:
v1.1 (beta)

Required Addons:
None.

Mission Description:
As a CDF officer, lead a reprisal operation of a terrorist rebel force. Basically, it's the classic OFP mission Revenge in ArmAII, except now you're playing as the CDF instead of the Soviets ;). I have yet to add the intro, this will come in a later final release.

Features:
Radio sounds from Operation Flashpoint.
Music from Operation Flashpoint.
Intro which semi-resembles that of the classic Flashpoint mission.

Known Bugs:
None.

Change Log:
v1.1 - Added intro, fixed gear selection, and fixed minor detail in briefing.

v1.0 - Initial public beta release.

Mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot!
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2010, 16:21:45 by savedbygrace »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: [SP] Revenge!
« Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2010, 08:56:50 »
Sounds like fun. I'll let you know how it plays out.  :yes:

Edit:

Okay then, I finished it. Nicely done. :)

I like the chat in the BMP before the attack - very fitting. The briefing was quite adequate for such a simple mission, as was the gear selection. Maybe you should consider however limiting the amount of PKMs: I basically equipped everyone aside from the medic, myself, and two RPG soldiers with PKMs. The RPG soldiers got AK-74 GLs. Maybe one or two extra PKMs would be enough?

The mission itself was, in my playthrough, very simple. I killed zero soldiers, spotted one or two, and had to stop and heal both some of mine and some of my allies' soldiers a couple of times, but other than that it was a breeze. No casualities in my squad. I liked the OFP-era radio voices, and the OFP music: a breeze from the past (and I had forgotten how good OFP music sounds!). The problem might be that they were in English for no particular reason. I'm almost sure you should be able to find alternative, 'Chernarussian' voices that say basically the same things (which isn't very much). But I do understand it's a homage, so yeah.

A short, sweet little mission that works. It even ticks off green when finished. Might want to consider changing the "comrade!" in the end briefing screen to something less Soviet, though, but that's a very minor point.

Good, if very simple, stuff :)

Wolfrug out.
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2010, 13:29:25 by Wolfrug »
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Binkowski

• OFP-fanatic
  • OFPEC Patron
    • My Personal Website
Re: [SP] Revenge!
« Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2010, 03:39:43 »
Thanks Wolfrug! I've made some changes and released v1.1 of the mission...change log and such has been updated. As well as the new file. I've added an intro, fixed the gear selection stuff, and fixed the small detail in the briefing. Enjoy!

- Please review.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2010, 14:07:52 by Binkowski »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: [SP] Revenge! [Please Review]
« Reply #3 on: 09 Nov 2010, 18:46:00 »
Mission reviewed by me!  :good:

Revenge! with a score of 4/10!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"