Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [CAMP/OA] Operation Mighty Justice(Review Complete)  (Read 13355 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re: [CAMP/OA] Operation Mighty Justice
« Reply #15 on: 12 Sep 2010, 18:56:46 »
I guess it was tak4 and less then 3. I set tak4 group to not delete.

And I solved the other mysteries: the other group didnt go meeting point because they didnt clear thay village. Because you didnt met with them, the ammo truck never go (truck can move after you saved the CZ guys). Because, the truck never go, it can never arrive and there is no radiocommand 001.

So i edit the other groups they will go to meeting point at all cost, ni metter the village is clear or not. And it will solve everything.

Thanks, i will update the campaign tomorrow morning.

EDIT: I updated the first post with a newer version of campaign. Your last reports (tak4, meeting and ammo truck) fixed also.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2010, 08:18:22 by bardosy »
Fix bayonet!

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #16 on: 13 Sep 2010, 12:55:19 »
The description.ext issue still persists in the new update, bardosy. However, I seem to have found a way to fix it. The problem appears to lie in how Arma 2 packs campaigns when you use your classic method of packing them into a PBO, i.e. using the game itself. By dePBOing the campaign and then rePBOing it using cpbo by Kegetys instead, the error disappeared and I was able to play it. I've attached the new PBO to this post in case you wish to use it.(Attachment removed - Beta complete)

Hope that helps you out.
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2011, 20:51:13 by savedbygrace »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 Sep 2010, 00:03:26 »
I finished the 5. mission with newest campaign version. I didnt spot any bugs, but AI was shooting a lot at the empty artillery guns which made it little frustrating to set satchels in crossfire while own team-mates got shot of friendly fire. But overally very nice start for the campaign. I think the quality stayed high trought all the 5 missions and those longer last 2 missions built up nicely the atmosphere with increasing difficulty level. Hope to see even more challenging missions trought the final campaign. I try to make another play-round soon.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #18 on: 16 Sep 2010, 07:47:36 »
@SaOk: thanks for the test! You helped me a lot! I did a lot of minor changes by your advice and reports.
Now I'm working on the campaign intro (it's almost done) and I started to create the basement of 6th mission.

@Zipper5: Thanks for doing this. I have a Kegetys pbo tool few months old. Could you give a link for the newest version? Then I'll use it for pack the campaign...
I used ArmA engine itself, because I had a problem with Mandoble missile script in the past: in single mission works fine, but when I pack it to campaign, missile never lounched. I report it to Mandoble, and he adviced me to use ArmA engine to pack into pbo and then everything works fine. So I didn't trust in 3rd party tool anymore. But maybe the things turn back... ;) Thanks for the tip!
Fix bayonet!

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #19 on: 16 Sep 2010, 13:45:22 »
Here's a direct link to his tools package. cpbo's in there, but you might also find use for some of the other programs too. ;)

http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/tools07072010.zip

Good luck! Hopefully you'll see a report from me soon.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #20 on: 20 Sep 2010, 07:41:45 »
I updated the first post with version 0.6.

* added new (6th) mission
* added campaign intro
* added personal diary
* added few more scenery
* packed with kegety's cpbo

And I have a few question about Arrowhead:
* is it possible tu run OA single, if I have CO (base ArmA2)? Because I cannot test my missions as OA standalone.
* is it possible that 5th mission wouldn't work on standalon OA, because of black and white cow? The other missions may contain base ArmA2 stuff, but only scenery, so if not existing in playtime, who cares. But BW cow is important (could cause showstop if not exists) and I1m not sore it's in OA or not.
Fix bayonet!

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: 28 Oct 2010, 19:34:33 »
Hey Bardosy, here are my experiences with the campaign so far:

Overview

Nice one, I especially liked the custom text.

Intro

The intro showed standard scenes of civvies being killed, and a general description that would fit Afghanistan as well. I did not like the overly used strong language, because having at least one swear word per sentence creates an almost comical experience.

Mission 1

Briefing

The Briefing was perfect... just enough info that is needed, some background, markers all in a good layout, not cluttering the map.

Mission

The mission was a night mission with all the laser-equipped infantry putting up quite a show. The task at hand was rather easy, just a sweep and clear operation of a few hamlets. As you made it so that the enemy appeared at close ranges (running out of buildings maybe?), I lost half my squad anyway, but together with my APC support, the end result of the mission was clear: Swift victory. Verdict: Suitable campaign entry mission.

Mission 2

Briefing

As good as in mission 1. I will skip this part of my beta tests if nothing bad comes up for the briefings, since they seem to be quite good.

Mission

As with the last mission, this one started of as a village clearing task, and I used the M14 for the first time in this mission. The villages were cleared rather fast, but the airport was a different matter. The long distance fights (and the rather inaccurate sniper rifle) ate up my ammo quite fast, so the last leg to the hangars was a low crawl with no ammo for me, while managing my squad in combat, which I enjoyed quite a bit.
The gas effect was rather interesting, and fortunately my character survived this.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2010, 19:51:15 by mathias_eichinger »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: 29 Oct 2010, 09:26:20 »
* is it possible tu run OA single, if I have CO (base ArmA2)? Because I cannot test my missions as OA standalone.
* is it possible that 5th mission wouldn't work on standalon OA, because of black and white cow? The other missions may contain base ArmA2 stuff, but only scenery, so if not existing in playtime, who cares. But BW cow is important (could cause showstop if not exists) and I1m not sore it's in OA or not.

Hey bardosy!

Check this out: CO Disabler. It actually works, just follow the instructions and be sure to "enable" CO after you've done testing :) I've used it at some point to make sure a mission/addon works in OA only.  :good:

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: 05 Nov 2010, 20:34:35 »
Mission #3

This was a very difficult mission which I have to admit I could only beat using a cheating device.
The problem with this mission is that it is very hard to find the right distance to the enemy. From the peak itself it is impossible to reload and hit all the tanks right in time, one always slips through, ending the mission. While the concept of the mission is nice, it would not hurt to cut down the number of tanks. Oh, and the infantry assault was intense and interesting.

Mission #4

A great infantry assault on several fixed positions. It was quite a long walk as not transportation has been provided and air support appeared rather late in the mission which is not what Joe Public would expect from US engagements. The mission is all about standard infantry combat, and it offers plenty of firefights, while being never rock hard or unfair regarding the difficulty. No bugs spotted, well done!
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2010, 22:38:14 by mathias_eichinger »

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #24 on: 06 Nov 2010, 08:50:30 »
Mathias, thank you for testing. I'll answer longer, but currently I'm in holyday and i can read you on a cellphone.

The 3rd (javelin) mission.
Did you try eliminate armours alone? You have two more javelin operators... I used them. In one time only 3 armours arrive. (if in your test come more in same convoy, that is a problem). But when arrived 3 tanks convoy, i ordered my men to eliminate one-one and i finished the last one. Then reload the javs and wait for the next convoy.
The AI did sometimes terrible job: both men target the same tank. In that case i ordered one of them hold fire and later lock him up.
The other problem could be if your visibility is short (i have 2km) and I engage armours at north of suribachi. maybe you did at west of suribachi point, didn't you?
Fix bayonet!

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: 06 Nov 2010, 20:20:04 »
Hey bardosy, you are right, I engaged the armor form the western hill flank of suribachi, on the road winding down south. I am quite sure that the first convoy consisted of a T55, a T72, a Shilka and a BMP-1. Also, something in the way always broke the lock of my javelin, so only 2 shooters engaged the convoy. And yes, I used the "hold fire - assign target - fire" method you mentioned for my squadmates. One of these tanks therefore always got away.

Mission #5

At first I found it strange that the USA would use British codenames, but the objectives became irrelevant, as the mission unfolded into a search for a different objective. I really like how artillery pounded on us while fighting the enemy infantry and still this fight was fair. Your mission included some humor (the cow!) and it feels quite as a mission any ordinary NCO in Afghanistan would be tasked with. No bugs, great atmosphere, I enjoyed it alot.

Mission #6

This mission was also really great and a nice example of combined arms operations, when then infantry gets covered by an IFV. It is very long but never boring, there are plenty of firefights in it which are never unbalanced or frustrating. I spotted one bug and one potential bug. Before the last objective, you get a truck in which you ride by yourself towards said last objective. At first when the truck arrived, my screen went totally blank, but the mission went on, I heard sounds but could not see a thing. Turned out to be an issue with my graphics driver, or this is at least what the error message said. The other bug is  the fact that this truck somethimes crashes itself in the Bradley to the point of self destruction. Else, there are no possible showstoppers in this great mission.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2010, 14:00:37 by mathias_eichinger »

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #26 on: 08 Nov 2010, 11:29:12 »
@Mathias:

First thing first: THANK YOU VERY MUCH to spend time to test my campaign!!!!

Mission 1:
enemy appeared at close ranges (running out of buildings maybe?)
I saw it in Op Cobalt. Did you know how Zipper did it? It's very nice when enemy running out from a building, but it's not easy, is it? I'll not change it in this campaign, but I want upgrade my enemy spawn script for my next campaign.

Mission 3:
I engaged the armor form the western hill flank of suribachi, on the road winding down south.
Have you any idea to forse or suggest to the player use the North window? There is a marker to North and (in the medium difficulty level) you can see the yellow box as target on North. To North there is a long S-bend and convoy has to slow down and it's a perfect spot to Javelin down them.

I am quite sure that the first convoy consisted of a T55, a T72, a Shilka and a BMP-1.
I guess the second convoy is reached the first one. It never happened me when I target to North. But I cannot slow down the second convoy more, because if you target to North, you have to wait too much times between the two convoys.

Mission 6:
I spotted one bug and one potential bug. Before the last objective, you get a truck in which you ride by yourself towards said last objective. At first when the truck arrived, my screen went totally blank, but the mission went on, I heard sounds but could not see a thing. Turned out to be an issue with my graphics driver, or this is at least what the error message said.
I don't understand: it was a crash in your computer or it was my fault?
There is a black in and out near the truck (before the truck) to emulate the time passing, but when the truck come there is no more. But what you wrote is something like the script is wrong and black in again, but never out?

EDIT:

NEWS: This campaign is released!

Thanks for all betatesters to help me made better this stuff.
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2010, 07:29:45 by bardosy »
Fix bayonet!

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Please review it! [CAMP/OA] Operation Mighty Justice
« Reply #27 on: 13 Nov 2010, 19:25:04 »
Hey bardosy could you help me finding the plutonium in your dirty bomb mission? I cannot find any place where the geiger counter would tick off more rapidly.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #28 on: 15 Nov 2010, 08:59:57 »
It's randomized. There are many place where the runner can flee. But not only the geiger counter will help you. If you don't find him with the GC, after a few minutes, the UH-60 will locate him and mark the last known position in the map. It's a help for them, who cannot find the runner with GC.

But I always found him with the GC. It's not a REALISTIC GC!!! If yout turn around slowly 360 degrees and listen to the ticks, when you heared the most intense ticks, this is the good direction. Run there!
Fix bayonet!

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: 15 Nov 2010, 14:02:02 »
Hey Bardosy, I managed to get close to the plutonium runner, but then you resort to the cheapest trick since OFP history: Pouring a shitload of enemies against my own small squad, with no own support (the helo crashed before). This is a disappointing moment and therefore I think I cannot review your campaign since I cannot complete all missions.