Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [CAMP/A2CO] Chasing Grim Reaper (Review complete)  (Read 18853 times)

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
Re: [CAMP/A2CO] Chasing Grim Reaper (Please Review)
« Reply #60 on: 22 Jan 2012, 22:17:41 »
Great to see your campaign being ready for review, SaOk! :good: You really did a great job and I'll definitely play this again.
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #61 on: 23 Jan 2012, 00:46:02 »
Thanks :), a great feeling definitely to have this campaign finished (unless some bugs are still found). I can focus on new projects and take a little break too to test also other user made missions and campaigns. :) Going to begin a new round with "For The Life Of A Friend" soon too to see the improved night part (the enemies without NVgoggles). ;)

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #62 on: 23 Jan 2012, 14:05:51 »
Wuuuhh :D That's great news! ;)

Offline janat

• Missions Depot Staff
« Reply #63 on: 03 Feb 2012, 17:46:09 »
I have a question about the first cinematic sequence in the campaign. About fifteen seconds before text "3 days later" there's this takiban guy who's presumably doing something with his phone. Is he supposed to shake his head like a madman ???

The gameplay was very nice and the first mission's atmospheric, but it would be nice if there were more automatic save points. I got as far in the first mission as clearing the crossroads, but my whole team died when the takiban made their counter attack. Having not saved at any point, I had to restart the mission. It took me at least 20 minutes to get that far so I just quit and told myself to try again some other day  :dry:
If you need a composer for your project, contact me.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #64 on: 03 Feb 2012, 19:29:03 »
Thanks for feedback :), that takiban animation have been a random. That is a quite poor part, there isnt a right animation (or I failed find it) for phone talking so I just moved the camera to an angle where you cant see often his phone-hand.

I dont like to add those to autosaves since if player is shot a second after, it would ruin the autosave that player could have taken himself earlier via 0-0-0 (or was it 0-0-1). But if I create a new version, I could maybe add some few to places where cutscene ends or when there isnt any enemies nearby.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2012, 19:31:56 by SaOk »

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #65 on: 04 Feb 2012, 10:03:36 »
No, as far as I know, there really is no animation for phone talking. :) I searched for it too, but no success. :)

The situation of saving automatically and being shot right after it, really can be a problem. Therefore I also prefer to hand over the responsibility to the player giving him free saves. At the same time however I try to look for situations where it is sure that the player is not in danger, and then I use the savegame command.

But if I remember correctly, you did automatically save the game between getting to the crossroad and the Takiban counter attack - or not? ???

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #66 on: 04 Feb 2012, 12:12:19 »
Thats the only autosave place I remember too. :)

Offline janat

• Missions Depot Staff
« Reply #67 on: 04 Feb 2012, 16:52:35 »
It wouldn't be nice to die right after autosave, with no other saves , that's a good point :)

For some reason, the task to clear the crossroads never ticked off, and there was no autosave. There was soe radio chatter about takis counter attacking, and after that a lot of takis with tank support attacked. I guess it was suppposed to save at that point, but it didn't.
If you need a composer for your project, contact me.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #68 on: 04 Feb 2012, 20:19:27 »
The autosave that I was thinking is in 5th mission (there is many those crossroad tasks with takiban counter-attack through the campaign :)). But I agree that moment in 1st mission would be good for autosave too. The task is completed after holding that crossroad.

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #69 on: 07 Feb 2012, 14:42:48 »
I'll review this one.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Re: [CAMP/A2CO] Chasing Grim Reaper (Under Review)
« Reply #70 on: 07 Feb 2012, 15:20:00 »
Thank you. :)

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [CAMP/A2CO] Chasing Grim Reaper (Review in Progress)
« Reply #71 on: 10 Apr 2012, 22:37:59 »
This campaign has been reviewed and the review can be found following this link:

http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?action=details&id=302