Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Vehicle join vehicle  (Read 1390 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Vehicle join vehicle
« on: 30 Aug 2010, 15:26:28 »
I know it seems as a noob question, but in OA, lot of things works funny:

1, How can I join a vehicle to a vehicle group?
2, And how can I check he did join?

I have two Bradley as a group named grpbrad, and a Stryker name stry. The trivial (stry) join grpbrad didnt work. (i know "(" isnt good, but i have no braclet in my cellphone - i'm in the public transport)

So i try: (crew stry) join grpbrad, and its worked, but later the player was not disembarked when the group have transport unload wp.

Fix bayonet!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Vehicle join vehicle
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2010, 13:04:09 »
Transport unload unloads transported units that don't belong to the group, whereas just unload will unload all cargo passengers in the vehicle that belong to the group. Get out makes everyone disembark. You can of course also synchronize an unload and a get out wp to achieve the same effect as transport unload, if you want several different groups to get out during the route, instead of everyone getting out at once :)

Anyway, if in same group, use unload. If in different groups, either synch get out/unload or use transport unload.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2010, 14:09:18 »
The player and his squad is only transported unit in this bradley group, so TR UNLOAD would works...

I guess patch 1.54 is a little bit buggey. I found other "strange" things after applying this patch.
Before 1.54, this new WP (TR UNLOAD) works well. But the truth is, before this new patch, I only tested this part of my mission in peace (no enemy units). But now - when TR UNLOAD didn't work - the bradleys come out in a warzone, so they are aware or combat status... Where they HAVE to unload transport, there is no battle, but they are teleported (while a cutscene) from the warzone.

Acctually, I remove my first problem, because I left my idea to join Stryker by script in the middle of the mission and I join it to the Bradley group in design time. So I have only one question:
If I have a Striker (and the crew - I guess is only a driver) and I join it to a group, how can I check is it in the group or not? I tried:   stry in units bradgrp    but it never became true.
Fix bayonet!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2010, 13:09:51 »
Hmm, no idea about the bugginess of wps: all I know is that as soon as the AI is in combat, they kind of loose their heads and stop obeying even the most basic of WP orders  :confused: Oh well, glad you solved it anyway!

I think if you name a vehicle in the editor and then use that name to join it to a group, the whole 'vehicle' will join (e.g. driver, gunner, commander). I'm not so sure you can use the vehicle's name in the same way as you can an individual soldier's, though. Oh well, why not just try:

Code: [Select]
(group stry) == (bradgrp)
(or if that doesn't work, then maybe (group (crew stry select 0)) which should pick up the first crewmember of stry. You could also use driver or gunner or commander, but I guess these might be dead)

Good luck!

Wolfrug out.

"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"