Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Removing parachutes  (Read 1098 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Removing parachutes
« on: 20 Jul 2010, 16:45:01 »
I have searched and searched to no avail... Is it possible to remove a helicopter pilots parachute with a script? I know there are addons who does the trick, but my mission is supposed to be addon free.

EDIT: Does locking prevent AI and players from ejecting? In that case all I need is a repeating trigger that locks the vehicle while it is moving, and unlocks it when it's speed reaches 0. I'm out of testing opportunities at the moment. Does anyone hav time to test this theory for me? It would be a beautiful way to prevent helo pilots from ejecting when their helicopter is heavily damaged in mid air.
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2010, 17:24:31 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Removing parachutes
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2010, 20:22:45 »
Locking prevents PLAYERS from exiting: AI are unaffected :(

Parachutes can be 'removed' by script - they're just a vehicle after all. This does mean the pilots will instead plunge to their deaths after ejecting, of course.

What's the scenario you want to enact, maybe there's some workaround?

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: Removing parachutes
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2010, 20:39:20 »
The usual problem: I have a couple of helicopters in a mission. The player is group leader and may thus chose to fly the vehicle himself, or leave this to the AI. I don't want the AI or the players to be able to eject by parachute, if/when a chopper is heavily damaged.

Disabling the eject function would be the best option. If that can't be achieved I'm prepared to delete the parachute. Any ideas how to accomplish that? I don't want to deletevehicle the damned thing to early or too late, since i might delete the pilot by mistake.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!