Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help with commands for air support please?  (Read 1717 times)

Offline quachimba

• Members
Help with commands for air support please?
« on: 17 Jun 2009, 05:43:46 »
Hello everyone.

I am having a tough time figuring out how to call in air support to a point on the map where needed or to just have them wait by and move along their way points once radioed in.

Here's the mission i was building it will give you a better idea.
I just started ArmA about 5 days ago so i'm very new to this.

I am bringing down a column of enemy armour from the north to come to the bridge and defend that bridge. Now I get placed in by boat to go scout their location and call in Aerial support(AH-64) when i can. So I set up the tanks and their waypoints I also set my own person up and gave them way points and then set up a group of AH-64's waiting at the runway. Now how would i get them to jump in and start moving towards me and seek and destroy the targets I mark or just in the general Vicinity?

Thank you for your help

Offline zonker3210

• Members
Re: Help with commands for air support please?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2009, 14:28:50 »
You may want to check out "Mando Bombs & Mando Air Support"....

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=524

Offline bakerboy1990

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2009, 18:54:47 »
create a move waypoint for the choppers just a few meters away from them and then a seek and destroy at the tanks, now create a trigger and set the activation field as radio alpha then press f5 and sync the trigger and the choppers move waypoint, when u radio in by pressing 0-0-1 the choppers will begin to move in

Offline quachimba

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2009, 21:59:30 »
create a move waypoint for the choppers just a few meters away from them and then a seek and destroy at the tanks, now create a trigger and set the activation field as radio alpha then press f5 and sync the trigger and the choppers move waypoint, when u radio in by pressing 0-0-1 the choppers will begin to move in

Hey man Thank you so much it worked i got some choppers to take out the tanks... Now if i wanted them to go back to base rearm and refuel and then have them come again to which ever point on the map i call it and as many times as i call it depending on fuel and weapons how would i do that? I'm just trying to get it as dynamic as i can because my main goal is to create an assault and defence map where the assault can call in support but i don't want the choppers just lingering there? Thank you aggain for all your help man appreciated.

Offline izaktj

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jul 2010, 06:31:12 »
I really think you should use mando's air support script.