Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hey from Sefe  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Hey from Sefe
« on: 27 Jun 2010, 08:50:25 »
Hey everybody. :)

Most of you might not know me, but I used to be around here in the old days (where we used to create the good ole frontloader addons and reenacted the - then recent - Napoleonic Wars). After a long time I just popped in to see how OFPEC is doing and I'm happy to see it's still alive and kicking (in spite of the recent 'quality' publications on the side of BI). And it's good to see some of the old people around here.

I just wanted to give you a heads up. It's good to see the site in such a great state. Everyone seems to be doing a fantastic job over here.

Anyway, I am still busy with my RL engagements, which still keep me from being around here a lot  (I never even played ArmA 1/2  :-[). I just wanted to say hi.

PS: Could anyone of them administrators perhaps mark me as former staff? That would be awesome!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Hey from Sefe
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2010, 09:24:54 »
I think we could do a wee bit better that that, Sefery :) Give me a couple minutes.

Awesome to see you live and kicking mate. Give the OFPEC history article a read while you're here.

EDIT - reconnected your old account to the new.  :good:
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2010, 09:32:44 by bedges »

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2010, 09:36:16 »
Yay, I have my old bugger image back! I can't believe you kept it!

Thanks bedges!

I read it and it's unbelievable that it's that long ago. I am really impressed how this site is still doing. I think you found the perfect mixture of the old site content (and more importantly, the helpful attitude of the people on the site) and a fresh look and feel. :clap:

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2010, 20:38:44 »
Hey hey hey :D Look who's around again!  :cool2: I'd heartily recommend Arma 2, incidentally, if you want to get back into the swing of things. Lots better than ArmA, especially now that OA is coming around with all its cool little improvements! Not to say there's nothing going on with OFP still, 'cause there is, but yeah.

As to why we're still hanging around, well, big part of that is thanks to bedges there who keeps insisting he's "retired" but continually sticks around in the woodwork making this huge old boat move forward. So applause to him!  :clap:

One gets darn-right  nostalgic when all these here old faces show themselves again..  :sorry:

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #4 on: 03 Oct 2011, 16:21:21 »
Heya hunks. How's it hanging?  :cool2:

You and OFPEC have been on my mind a lot lately for some odd reason, dunno why. Good to see the old place still up and running strong.

So... what's new?  :D
Not all is lost.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2011, 17:29:20 »
Soon Arma 3 :D Also we had a MEC a little while ago, sorting through the entries now. :whistle: Other than that, well, same old, same old. 'How to light a campfire' and all that jazz. How about you get with the system and buy A2 and rejoin the flock, eh? It's nice and cozy here. Hint: you still light a campfire the same way as always!

That said: really nice to hear from you! Stick around.

Wolfrug out.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2011, 07:12:24 »
Cool. Thanks for the update Wolfrug.

As much as I'd like to throw myself back into the virtual oblivion, I'm pretty much married to my house nowadays. (also married to my wife still too). Three kids now and lots and lots of things to do. Maybe once I get the kids kicked out of home in 20 or so years and find a suitable plumber for the wife, then I can get back to this hobby.  ;)

Anywhee good to see the place still going strong and active. Keep those MEC's rolling they were always my favourite thing; I still remember some of the missions way back from the day and also the 'Christmas cutscene competition' we had.  :good:

Artak out.
Not all is lost.

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #7 on: 02 Dec 2011, 23:17:33 »
Just checked in to see if OFPEC was still alive for some reason, it's great to see many of the old faces ... wait that's wrong i've never actually seen you guys! ... except Artak who has this weird habbit of sharing pictures ;) .

... Back to the point ...

Great to see this place is still up and runnning! :good:
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 04 Dec 2011, 10:50:54 »
Well, what can I say ;) Here we are still, and not going anywhere. For as long as we can pay for hosting, anyway.  :scratch:

I suppose with the recent rebranding BIS has been doing, we should probably rename ourselves "ARMEC" or "ARMAEC" or something, but it just hasn't got that same ring to it... :no:

Nice to see you old folks still around.  :good: Let us know when you want back on the staff, yeah?

Wolfrug out.