Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP] Operation Storm-1 v1.3 (Review Complete)  (Read 8793 times)

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
Re: [SP] Operation Storm-1 Beta 3
« Reply #15 on: 18 Aug 2010, 21:40:02 »
Hi Mattias,

This may not be what you are looking for, but in Last Tango in Bagango, I used Fired eventhandlers on the player's squad to detect if they used non-silenced weapons.   This was for the first part of mission where you meet your local contact at the farm house.  If a non-silenced weapon was fired by player squad, I set a public variable to true, and fired a trigger.  The trigger then activated waypoints for enemies to move toward the farmhouse.

There were a limited # of silenced weapons available to the player squad, so I hardcoded for each weapon or bullet type in the fired eventhandler.

Hope that helps.

jboy
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Operation Storm-1 Final (Review please)
« Reply #16 on: 02 Sep 2010, 23:10:44 »
Hi all! Attatched to the first post is the final version of my mission. After eliminating the bugs and adding a few patrols, I think it is worth reviewing.

@ Johnnyboy: I did not go so far as to use your system (reinforcements are powered by "detected by" triggers), but I would be happy to look into it for a new, fresh mission.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 Nov 2010, 11:41:55 »
I can review this mission. I need to play this trought first. I let you know if there is still something that isnt mentioned yet in beta reports. Otherwise I just proceed to write the review.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: 04 Nov 2010, 15:06:01 »
Thank you very much, nice to see that you are able to tackle each review and bring the MD up to speed!

:good:

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [SP] Operation Storm-1 Final (Review On Hold)
« Reply #19 on: 22 Nov 2010, 06:49:34 »
I played this one through in about 30 minutes. Foremost, you need a readme in your download. I put the review on hold until you get that fixed.

Second, my AI squad mates rarely fired even when ordered to engage at will, fire at will, set to danger. I cleared the first camp and while placing a satchel, found in the nearby ammo truck, I noticed the helo open. I climbed right in, ordered my men prone and still and took her up for a ride. I was able to locate and destroy the other three helos within 15 minutes of flying, return my to the first camp where I landed it atop the already placed satchel. On our way up the hill toward the extract, I lit it up and got the confirmation immediately that the job was done.

The extract was simple enough but since you placed it on a decline, the helo continued to the plateau that we had just crossed to land. May want to move the extract to there or on flat ground somewhere.

While in the air, I was shot at by one uaz and only after I aggravated it. None of the infantry on the ground took shots at the chopper with the exception of one when I hovered low enough to check out damage. I would simply lock each helo to prevent this tactic from happening.

The outro was simple enough.

Seems like a simple enough mission.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Re: [SP] Operation Storm-1 Final (Review On Hold)
« Reply #20 on: 22 Nov 2010, 15:35:35 »
I finally played this trought again and had a quite fun. Two times "three car mg-uaz"-groups almost killed me but they seemed to be little less deadly in dark. Overally very bug free mission, but I have still some suggestions that you can use or I can proceed to review when you have included that readme in the package.

-The overview pic have big black borders. It would look much better without. You can remove that when taking the pic with:
Code: [Select]
ShowCinemaBorder false;-Intro may also look better without that black border. In ArmA2, the border is oversized.
-There could be small information when choppers are destoryed. Like simple spawned markers, radiochatting or hints.

Note: Each marker need to have own name "Marker1","Marker2"...
_marker1 = createMarker ["Marker1",Position Choppername1];
_marker1 setMarkerShape "ICON";
"Marker1" setMarkerType "hd_objective" ;
"Marker1" setMarkerText "Mi24 destroyed here";
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cfgMarkers

-Very optional, but the extraction chopper could be called via Radio. So if player would lost his team he could have option to fail the mission with extraction. When player enter chopper it could check if all the chopper are gone, if not then play the same outro, but from end2 to where you have copied the current outro, but maybe changed the text.

Trigger: Condition: player in extractionchoppername On activation: _nul = [] execVM "scriptname.sqf";

scriptname.sqf
_boo=!(alive choppername1) & !(alive choppername2) & !(alive choppername3) & !(alive choppername4)
if(_boo) then {
taskname settaskstate "SUCCEEDED";
_nul=[objNull, ObjNull, taskname, "SUCCEEDED"] execVM "CA\Modules\MP\data\scriptCommands\taskHint.sqf";
sleep 4;
variablefortriggerthatendsgamewithend1=true;
} else {
taskname settaskstate "FAILED";
_nul=[objNull, ObjNull, taskname, "FAILED"] execVM "CA\Modules\MP\data\scriptCommands\taskHint.sqf";
sleep 4;
variablefortriggerthatendsgamewithend2=true;};

-Chopper task wasnt marked as completed.
-More radiochatting, animals, custom scenery and custom player id would be also plus.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2010, 15:38:24 by SaOk »

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Operation Storm-1 v1.1 (Review On Hold)
« Reply #21 on: 26 Nov 2010, 17:32:37 »
Mission has been updated, please proceed with the review.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 Nov 2010, 19:28:19 »
I play this trought one more time and let you know if there is something wrong. Else I continue to write the review.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: 05 Dec 2010, 00:14:30 »
Mission updated again, removing a radio trigger that helped during beta testing. Everything else remains the same so re-playing the mission to do a review is not necessary.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 Dec 2010, 15:05:45 »
Nope, I start a new run with that new version. Sorry for slow progress. I have worked much on my projects, but I try to have the review ready in few weeks.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Operation Storm-1 v1.3 (Review On Hold)
« Reply #25 on: 15 Dec 2010, 19:32:09 »
Just updated the mission to 1.3, the marker script as well as the helo destruction objective in the briefing worked for me (tested it twice), medic has now NVGs.

If you are not already using it, here is a link that could speed up your testing and review process tremendously, especially if you just want to check functionality of a mission:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110414

Thank you very much for your patience, SaOk!
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2010, 19:34:20 by mathias_eichinger »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Re: [SP] Operation Storm-1 v1.3 (Review On Hold)
« Reply #26 on: 17 Dec 2010, 16:42:22 »
Thanks, that tool is very handy. I am finishing the review, still need to rethink some parts and check the english.

Edit: The review is ready and readable trought the link. Could someone move this thread to right place. I had that weird bug preventing it.

http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?action=details&id=267
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2010, 21:15:37 by SaOk »