Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to use joint script of Thobson?  (Read 1593 times)

Offline GW

• ofp cadet
  • Members
  • The great Himalaya
How to use joint script of Thobson?
« on: 13 May 2010, 11:58:58 »
I want to use this script,i did't know how to mention coordinates in trigger.help
i ask thobson by sending pm to him,but no response he make.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2010, 12:02:38 by GW »
Be happy.
ofp die-hard fan for whole life

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: How to use joint script of Thobson?
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2010, 16:59:58 »
I think you need to provide some more information here:

• provide a link to the script you are trying to use
  • provide details about how you are trying to use the script
  • provide details about any error messages there are

The more details you can give about the problem the more likely it is someone can assist you. Simply saying "I can't use this. help" is not going to get you much of a response.  :confused:

We all know how frustrating it is when you're having fun editing and then get stuck with a problem, but it's equally frustrating - if not moreso - to be part of a site like OFPEC which exists solely to help editors, and not be able to help because there's not enough information. It's like being a medic on the battlefield, rushing to the aid of a soldier who is screaming in pain, but he doesn't tell you which bit hurts.  :dunno:

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2010, 17:59:52 »
Are you talking about this script, GW? I don't see any point where you need to enter in trigger co-ordinates. There's a readme in the script package with numerous examples, and even a demo mission.

You do need to enter in the name of a trigger in order to execute this script. Give the trigger a name by filling in the name field of the trigger dialog box in the mission editor.

Is it possible you're using an outdated version of this script that required trigger coordinates to be in the parameters?
« Last Edit: 13 May 2010, 18:03:31 by RKurtzDmitriyev »
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline GW

• ofp cadet
  • Members
  • The great Himalaya
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2010, 18:34:29 »
ok guys this is the mission,in which i want that all will join me,but i have to join all,i did't understand how to set

"[object 7312,5,12,trigALLWest] exec ""joinUpUnits2.sqs""";  7312
Be happy.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2010, 19:31:40 »
Make sure editor is set to Advanced mode.
Click the Show IDs button.

See image.

Offline GW

• ofp cadet
  • Members
  • The great Himalaya
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2010, 19:45:28 »
thats very good examples,thank you.
Be happy.

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2010, 19:46:41 »
Are you looking for the object closest to the player, riffleman? You can just put player as the first parameter of the script:

Code: [Select]
[player, 5, 12, trigALLwest] exec "joinUpUnits2.sqs"

The closest object to the player is always the player. :P Of course, bedges is right, you can use the "Show IDs" button to show the ID numbers of map objects.

Does that answer your question? :cool2:
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2010, 13:33:33 »
Sorry I did not reply to the pm.  I don't often come here much now.  I see you guys did a good job of sorting out the problem.  I believe I put my email address in most of my scripts that would get me every time.

Very sorry to hear about Planck.