Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: color and logo added to a vehicle  (Read 1382 times)

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
color and logo added to a vehicle
« on: 12 May 2010, 11:31:47 »
I wish I could add a radio activity logo on the sides/rear/front parts of a HQ LAV, but when I use
Code: [Select]
plomb setobjecttexture [0,"logo.jpg"], with that index 0, the logo is displayed all over the lower part of the LAV, index 1 is for the wheels, 2 for the upper part, with other indexes it seems that nothing appears...
I then tried to just change the color of the LAV to make it look different with:
plomb setobjecttexture [0,'#(argb,1,1,1)color(1,1,1,0.05)'];
plomb setobjecttexture [2,'#(argb,1,1,1)color(1,1,1,0.05)'];
It works but I'm loosing the initial camo texture. (I tried different setting for #(argb,1,1,1) parameters)

So, how can I add the logo and change the color, keeping the camo look of the LAV and be sure that in MP every client has the changes?
Thanks for your answers!

EDIT: The-killer (clan ADO) gave me a texture for the LAV with a radio-active logo on it, it's 1.3Mo and does the job but is there a way doing it with hidden selections?
« Last Edit: 13 May 2010, 23:45:28 by fleepee »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: color and logo added to a vehicle
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2010, 15:33:14 »
This might be a bit late, but:

There are only those three selections on the model configged as hiddenselections so it's not really possible with setObjectTexture. Well, it is obviously if you setObjectTexture one of those parts (or all of them) with a texture that includes the radioactivity logo (which you have been supplied with apparently).

And as far a I know you can't apply both the color and the texture on the same selection.

To make the setObjectTextured stuff appear on everybody I guess you just have to publicVariable it, something like:
Code: [Select]
"myLAVHQTexture" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
         ((_this select 1) select 0) setObjectTexture [2,(_this select 1) select 1]};

myLAVHQTexture = [plomb,"logo.jpg"];
publicVariable "myLAVHQTexture";
I have no idea if that works for JIP players for example, or if it works at all.. :dunno:
« Last Edit: 17 May 2010, 15:42:31 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.