Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Operation Hungry-Birds  (Read 16934 times)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Re: [SP] Operation Hungry-Birds 1.4
« Reply #15 on: 31 Dec 2010, 00:59:59 »
Tested version 1.4

Pack
The first bug found: When you download the mission comes with a readme file

Overview

The image is a bit small could enlarge further, a good shot showing the convoy. Entanto to information, all good, all I ask is to put the author's name would be very important mission

intro

As the intro can not see, because I do not erase the soldier's init exec this command "camera.sqs", please delete the command to see the intro

Briefing

In my opinion the briefing there is nothing wrong. Everything is fine, as I like to me with many things to do. In the notes are not I complain. I just want to introduce more LAW launcher's and more pistols.

Start the mission a few yards of the target, which is the carrtera where the convoy will pass. I kept many soldiers fought and were easy to defeat, the only thing that affected me was a hidden sniper.I went to place bombs on the road, and I killed a machine gun that was hidden in a fortress (I suggest you put a warning marker on the gun.)

Wait for the convoy while reading the waypoint that said "Wait for others " (I suggest you put a type waypoitn expected with any name, eg "Wait convoy. " synchronizes and Lugo (F5) to trigger the first objective). I followed my second, but I met many soldiers and machine guns. Kill them quickly, but the problem was the damn tanks. Since I did not have but one launcher LAW. Tanks destroyed all my soldiers, updating the plan and activate the next mission objective: "Well, all my partners are dead ... What Should I do?". I decided to give up and abandon the mission.

Outro

I had the opportunity to see the outro within the mission editor, and did not notice anything wrong, it's all good.

Overall

I had fun, and I really liked the mission, but would be even better if you correct the following bugs

know Bugs:

-put a readme file in the download package.
-Correct the intro. (Delete the command camera.sqs)
-Fix the waypoint.
-Do not use the first goal as a goal, and remove bone and colocarr objetvo the mission plan, separating them with
Code: [Select]
<br><br>-If you could use this Tutorial for Walter_E_Kurtz for patrols, so you do not have to write in both the trigger.
-Add LAW launcher and pistols.

~Aldo
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
  • Fraud is the ready minister of injustice.
« Reply #16 on: 31 Dec 2010, 02:03:48 »
sorry, my bad. i uploaded the mission with fixes.
Nothing in the world is as certain as death.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #17 on: 31 Dec 2010, 02:42:30 »
I say again, you lack README file. ;) :good:

« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2011, 23:15:22 by bedges »
My OFP stuff
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Operation Hungry-Birds 1.5
« Reply #18 on: 02 Jan 2011, 18:10:13 »
NEW VERSION AVAILABLE

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #19 on: 02 Jan 2011, 23:15:08 »
GREAT, BUT DO YOU NEED TO SHOUT ABOUT IT?

Keep all-caps for acronyms, folks  :good:

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 02 Jan 2011, 23:59:50 »

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #21 on: 03 Jan 2011, 04:56:21 »
I tested version 1.5 and have seen these bugs:

Intro:

You could use this Tutorial to use the credits, so that you do not leave word with the font style that has always been OFP

Briefing

The alternative objectives are not hidden, should be concealed, to be activated in case of a plan B
I do not understand Why you put the information in CAPITAL LETTERS? Change them to lowercase in anyway we can read perfectly.

I think you should correct the objectives. Should be activated by a Trigger and not waypoint bridges. What would happen to people who play in veteran mode?. I could not activate the goal to be absent from the units, and depues sync.

You should remove the identities of the soldiers, remember this is SP and not a CAMP.

The goal number five should be activated by going a bit far from the airport do not you think?.

I hope I have your morals down this dialogue. Sorry if I wrote something Bad

~Aldo
My OFP stuff

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #22 on: 04 Jan 2011, 00:28:43 »
As with your other mission (Operation Black Snake), the most important fix needed is to remove the 'Objective Complete' business from the player's waypoints.

No matter how I try I have not been able to complete the first waypoint and its associated objective. I receive sideChat from base, instructing me to move on; but not the savegame, player's chat or hint.

Part of the problem may be that you are using advanced waypoints for the player:
   Destroy - needs something there to be destroyed, but the convoy doesn't arrive until later.
   Search and Destroy - used to make AI explore an area, but difficult for the player to fulfill.

Summary

1. Simplify the player's waypoints
      - since you have entered descriptions, they don't need to be more than Move.

2. Move objStatus commands to triggers

3. Move text dialogues to scripts (to be called from the triggers)

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: 04 Jan 2011, 04:10:35 »
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2011, 22:30:27 by OFP_f3d3 »

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: Operation Hungry-Birds 1.6.5
« Reply #24 on: 05 Jan 2011, 23:58:25 »
I can't use the artillery as it gives me an error: Missing Resource "Artillery". I think you have to copy some 'class Rsc...' stuff into Description.ext; it's needed to define the dialog boxes that appear, where you select how many rounds, and so on.

The artillery script requires you to place 4 objects, named Art1 to Art4. They act as speakers for the artillery sound. (More info).

Also, you have the compass points East and West confused: clockwise it goes North, East, South, West. So East is right on the map screen, and West left. Thus the small camp at BJ53 is west of the factory, and the airbase on the west of Nogova.

When describing Foxtrot squad, it needs a colon ( : ) after "12 men" to show that you are listing them. Not sure what you mean by M60 rifles - it should be either M16 rifles or M60 LMGs (light machine guns).

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
Re: [PLEASE REVIEW] Operation Hungry-Birds 1.6.5
« Reply #25 on: 06 Jan 2011, 02:13:38 »
thanks a lot for using your time to beta test this mission, i really appreciate it.
I can't use the artillery as it gives me an error: Missing Resource "Artillery". I think you have to copy some 'class Rsc...' stuff into Description.ext; it's needed to define the dialog boxes that appear, where you select how many rounds, and so on.The artillery script requires you to place 4 objects, named Art1 to Art4. They act as speakers for the artillery sound.
Also, you have the compass points East and West confused: clockwise it goes North, East, South, West. So East is right on the map screen, and West left. Thus the small camp at BJ53 is west of the factory, and the airbase on the west of Nogova.
When describing Foxtrot squad, it needs a colon ( : ) after "12 men" to show that you are listing them. Not sure what you mean by M60 rifles - it should be either M16 rifles or M60 LMGs (light machine guns).
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2011, 05:58:12 by OFP_f3d3 »

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Re: [PLEASE REVIEW] Operation Hungry-Birds 1.8
« Reply #26 on: 06 Jan 2011, 18:53:22 »
Hey man I played the latest version of its mission. I saw that the
atilleria script works perfectly and that's good. I also saw that
you placed in the credits to the beta testers, as I did I in the
Rescue mission. I played this mission  and better than previous versions, but you have to correct the Description.ext
since the weapons  not is in gear.

great job too  :good:
~Aldo
My OFP stuff

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
Re: [PLEASE REVIEW] Operation Hungry-Birds 1.9
« Reply #27 on: 06 Jan 2011, 23:52:07 »
I see you found a bug:

I played this mission  and better than previous versions, but you have to correct the Description.ext
since the weapons  not is in gear.

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: Operation Hungry Birds 1.9
« Reply #28 on: 07 Jan 2011, 15:47:13 »
 - correct the spelling of my name in the intro: Walter_E_Kurtz

- be consistent in the title of the mission: "Hungry Birds" and NOT "Hungry-Birds"

- update the readme. It should include
  • mission title :check:
  • author name
  • OFP version it was created with: v1.96 (Resistance) presumably
  • addons required: None
  • version number
  • that it is intended for Single-Player

- the 'Objective Complete' triggers should be made TimeOut with a delay of a few seconds. This would give a brief pause after killing the last man at each objective.

Offline OFP_f3d3

• Former Staff
Re: [PLEASE REVIEW] Operation Hungry-Birds 1.9
« Reply #29 on: 07 Jan 2011, 19:26:28 »
thanks for the info, and sorry for the name mistake ,now those things were corrected, could you tell me something about the mission? any bug? difficult or easy?
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2011, 02:24:13 by OFP_f3d3 »