Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Briefing Files?? [SOLVED]  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Mad Pup

• One Who Asks A Lot.
  • Members
  • OFPEC Is Awesome
Briefing Files?? [SOLVED]
« on: 28 Apr 2010, 21:44:56 »
Hi OFPEC, I have a question about editing the Briefing. Every time I one, and save it, it creates a folder called "Briefing_files", and the stuff I edited, doesn't show up (the stuff isn't pictures, its just words). What do I do to make the words show up in the briefing??

Thanks!
~MadPup~
« Last Edit: 06 May 2010, 21:43:16 by Mad Pup »
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" - General Patton
[SH]MadPup
[SH]Squad

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
Re: Briefing Files??
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2010, 01:36:06 »
Well for starters your question is hard to understand because it's missing a word.

Every time I one,

I'll assume you meant to stick a "create" in there. ;)

Anyway, using the templates provided ]here or in any working OFP mission, and simply changing the briefing text to be displayed, always works for me.

You say that a folder called "Briefing_files" shows up. Does the file briefing.html itself show up anywhere?

Nothing spectacular should be required to make a briefing, just a briefing.html file written in the pattern that OFP recognizes. :dunno:
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2010, 04:27:23 »
One thing to note that the briefing.html is edited with notepad but in fact is an html file. If you omit a closing or opening tag of any command, you get unwanted results. How about attaching your file and letting us have a look for you?

Offline mboshell

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2010, 07:20:51 »
I'm just guessing here, but this sounds very similar to many of the problems I've been having with Vista.  Are you running Vista?  If so, I may be able to help.

Offline gezegond

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2010, 13:06:46 »
Well, I'm not a very professional OFP editor but I hope this helps:

If you're using HTML editors (like MS FrontPage), then don't. Use notepad instead. Run notepad, then drag and drop the HTML templates, change them, and then press Ctrl+S. This will create one html file without any other folders.

Offline Mad Pup

• One Who Asks A Lot.
  • Members
  • OFPEC Is Awesome
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2010, 21:42:27 »
OKAY I figured it out, thanks guys. I just use notepad. THANKS for all the replys  :)

~MadPup~  :D
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" - General Patton
[SH]MadPup
[SH]Squad