Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Grrr, Need Help Installing Addons W/ Vista (Solved)  (Read 837 times)

Offline mboshell

• Members
Grrr, Need Help Installing Addons W/ Vista (Solved)
« on: 27 Apr 2010, 07:58:18 »
Ok, this Vista is driving me insane.  I realize that I can't load some of my missions because I didn't get all of the addons on my chip from my desktop PC which is now in the shop.

This isn't really an OFP problem, but a Vista problem.  I apologize for that, but any help that can be given is greatly appreciated as I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere.

When I extract the files for the addons, I get an error message that reads "cannot create afganc.pbo" "access denied".

If I can't get this figured out soon, I may be forced to only release Mission 1 of my campaign before I go on vacation next week.  Anyone have Vista that can help me out with this?

Thanks   :)

Edit: Ok, I spoke too soon.  Got it all figured out.  I'll post the solution for the forum archive in case this problem comes up in the future.

First, download Winrar if you don't already have it.  Then, right click on Winrar in your start menu and click properties.  Then, go to compatibility and switch it to XP mode.  Then, at the bottom check the box that says run as administrator.  Click ok/save.

All done.  Addons will install just as easy as if you had XP.

Sorry for asking before I did a good enough search for the answer.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2010, 08:18:46 by mboshell »