This time I used simple strategy to avoid the mines - since BMP is amphibious vehicle I used it to "swim" alongside with my squad (with exception of stubborn number 4 who refused to board the BMP).
A BMP can transport 8 soldiers in addition to 3 crew - hence it can only carry 11 members of your squad.Patrolling Party v5.0
Veteran mode: Completed in 57 minutes, Score ~11,400
Lots of kills using the G36, and later M21, but killed a few times by lone machinegunners (not M2)
Readme, overview and briefing present
All objectives ticked off
Scoring system in place Overview
- Go on! Have a go at adding a picture - after all, you can always find a better one later.Briefing
- Lots of questions, but they can each be answered by a sentence in the briefing:
why have the Americans / NATO invaded Malden?
by what means? (presumably amphibious ie. from a ship)
why is the player fighting them?
how do we know that their HQ is located there?
how do we know to expect 5 officers?
why are we to go to Goisse?
- I have no idea where the other squad and T-55s are moving from. Place markers to show where they start.
- I am not too happy with the squad:
give the player a rank such as Lieutenant
make at least one other a Sergeant with higher skill
consider including a medicMission
- when I played first, I didn't realise the BMP was there for me to use
- I came across at least one enemy group standing in Safe mode. I scattered them with an RPG.
I suggest putting the groups on the near
side of the HQ to HOLD (ie. defend),
then those on the far
side should be on GUARD (ie. counter-attack). None
should be in Safe mode, they are invaders after all.
- not wild about lone machine-gunners - they killed me too often.
- no chatter between friendly groups. In the Init field of the leader enter:
secondsquad = group this
then in the On Activation field of triggers and waypoints, you can put:
leader secondsquad sideChat "We are entering the enemy zone."
and so on...
- consider making it easier to get past the mines: adjust their probability of presence to 50 - 60 %