Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SpaceObject control.  (Read 1749 times)

Offline DMarkwick

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
SpaceObject control.
« on: 10 Mar 2010, 12:59:58 »
As other particle buffs will know, one of the types of particles you can spawn is a spaceObject particle. Essentially you specify a P3D file and a particle is made using that model. No geometry other than visual is spawned.

It's possible to balance the drop parameters to spawn immovable objects, but there's no control over the orientation. I suspect a similar method is used for island clutter, the small vegetation objects and rocks that you see spawning and disappearing depending on your location & movement. Those objects also have no geometry other than visual, i.e. no collision, shadow or viewblock geometry etc.

Does anyone have a clue if that clutter spawning method can be accessed for more flexible use? I'm thinking about things like spawning random object clutter around a player, not as part of the island config, which is not particle based and so can be spawned and culled at will.

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
Re: SpaceObject control.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2010, 12:11:17 »

hmm
  Like you have touched upon , orientation is the Pig when dropping spaceobjects.
 I have only done something similar tot what you request foor a video scene .

basicly i created an invisible object that was a simple memmory point , however in the view lod i createtd proxies of certain objects, i then allowed  thes to be hidden/unhidden using the Hide source and also animated them on the x y z rotation and translation types.
 this one object was spawned as normal createvehicle and a script did the rest.

other than that i ran out of ideas mate
I love ofp