Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unpack BIS SP missions, but I cant see them in the editor. (SOLVED)  (Read 1512 times)

Offline lntdrakejackson

• Members
  • OFP/ArmA fan.
    • The Clan of Brothers website.
Hello OFPEC community, I have a problem with BIS single player missions, I un-pack them, and take the folder to the user/Myname/missions folder, where all my others missions are, and when I run OFP, run the editor, I load the mission but once it loads the island, there is nothing inside, I receive no error messages or crashes, it just dosnt shows the missions, no units, triggers, anything, like starting a mission from zero, but with the issue that when you "Preview" it creating a player unit, open the map, and on the mission objectives book says the tittle. Nothing else. Any ideas why this is happening.
Unpacking with: Unpbo by Kegetys
Inside files are still intact.
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2010, 19:27:09 by lntdrakejackson »
-The man who joins the resistance for his country is courageous.
-The man who joins the army leaving his family behind feels the intention of serving his country.
-The man who joins the mercs have always a better reason than the interest. Celer, Silens, Mortalis. (fast, silent and mortal).

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
Re: Unpack BIS SP missions, but I cant see them in the editor.
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2010, 23:30:54 »
??? That doesn't happen to me. :dunno:

What happens if you just copy a mission.sqm file from the unpacked folder into a new folder with a different name?
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2010, 23:31:27 »
When you place the foder inside your users / missions folder, does it contain the island extension at the end? For example....".abel  .eden  .intro.  .noe" ?

Briefing content is not read in the editor so you will not be able to see the objectives and information. As long as there is a mission.sqm file, there should be map content because that document is what contains all of the editor placed objects, weather, title, date, etc.

Could be that the file was corrupted during depbo. Have you tried other mission files?

Offline lntdrakejackson

• Members
  • OFP/ArmA fan.
« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2010, 02:59:21 »
Almost all of them were tried, same problem, and I think the island extension was there, will check again recommendations and will bring the answer about that modifying this post if no one posts later after this one (Just to dont double-post)

EDIT!

I have tried again all the missions, but still the same result: The map in blank, all missions have the corresponding island extension, checked twice just in case they extensions where not correct, and I have tried moving the .sqm and leave them as the only file inside the mission folder, same results...
No errors during De-pbo, maybe is the un-pbo tool I use, anybody knows another one?
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2010, 03:20:56 by lntdrakejackson »
-The man who joins the army leaving his family behind feels the intention of serving his country.
-The man who joins the mercs have always a better reason than the interest. Celer, Silens, Mortalis. (fast, silent and mortal).

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2010, 03:25:14 »
No errors during De-pbo, maybe is the un-pbo tool I use, anybody knows another one?

Certainly. I use Amalfi's tool, except for certain missions which for whatever reason simply refuse to unpack from the file (not the same symptoms you describe). But Mikero's Eliteness has always worked in my experience.
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline lntdrakejackson

• Members
  • OFP/ArmA fan.
Done, the problem was solved, it looks like the Un-Pbo program I used with missions didnt un-pboed them correctly, I have tried both Amalfi and Eliteness and they gave me much more efficient results. Thanks for the support guys.  :good: