Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Co06_Operation Lojack III (review please)  (Read 5217 times)

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
Re: Co06_Operation Lojack III (review please)
« Reply #15 on: 25 Mar 2010, 09:03:49 »
Ughhh.... we had a blue cirlce surrounding the EVAC marker..... you seem to be talkin crazy.

Also, some guys made a fuss about the parachutes.... wasn't a big deal for me and no one was really injured.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline W0lle

• CWR
« Reply #16 on: 25 Mar 2010, 19:36:20 »
Ughhh.... we had a blue cirlce surrounding the EVAC marker..... you seem to be talkin crazy.
:scratch:  :whistle:
More like me lost total control about what is in my own mission and what not.  :blink:

Update 27-March-2010

I tried the steerable chutes from hoz but I'm not sure if I like the idea. But the script in general is good, was looking for something like that since a while.

I asked Norrin to check the problem with the Revive version but he's out of town for the next couple of days so there won't be anything new here anytime soon.
If someone wants to play the steerable chutes version I can upload it though.

I'm also out of action in about two weeks and don't know if and when I can update the mission after that. So since the respawn / no respawn versions seems to work best I would prefer one of them is used for review.
Of course I will do my best to fix all and every remaining issues asap.  :)

Update 29-March-2010

Uploaded v1.12, links are in the first post. SP version will follow.

Fixes/additions in this version:

• Converted the soundfiles to wave and back to ogg, maybe they are more  audible  now.
    Safehouse marker is hidden until needed to avoid any confusion.
  • "Mama Bear" is now displayed as Mama Bear.
  • Fixed the problem in the revive version in which the mission ends when there are still players alive. Thanks Norrin!
  • Added silenced G36 magazines.
  • Added a tiny intro scene so hoz stop naggin' :)

I also played with the steerable parachute script from hoz, but I don't like the idea of the AI (or players) flying around all over the place while they could be happy they are alive.
The "normal" version has still the script included, so if you wanna try it on your own unpack the mission and edit the "helohit.sqf". You just need to swap the comment at line 15/16.
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2010, 18:20:11 by W0lle »
CWR III Project Leader

Offline W0lle

• CWR
« Reply #17 on: 16 Apr 2010, 18:13:01 »
*Shameless bump*

I uploaded an "alternate extraction" version using Norrins revive script, see first post for the link.

In this version I removed the helicopter extraction completely and moved the extraction points to "safehouses" outside the AO. Once your whole team arrive there the mission ends.
Lame you may say and yes you're right but no matter what I try there's always a problem with the extraction.
But see it this way: It makes the mission also a bit harder because with some bad luck (camp in the middle of the AO) you need to travel a long distance with the captive until you reach the safehouse.

Please check this version and let me know what you think, cheers.
CWR III Project Leader

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 20 Apr 2010, 04:09:37 »
Two of us gave this a go tonight, the revive version. We found just a couple minor issues.

The beeping script doesn't seem to stop after buddy has been killd. once that task is completed or failed the beeping should stop.

The extraction failed, the helo never landed at all. I noticed in the notes about the helo. If theres problems with the helo and ordering units into it, then I would move the units in and then move to a quick cut scene of the helo flying away.

Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #19 on: 20 Apr 2010, 22:34:11 »
Well you could surround the evac points with a trigger that tells you how many BluFor are in area. Store that in a variable and then use Mando's Heli-route. It won't land exactly where you want due to the retarded-ness that enemy AI cause. Just make sure the area around it is kinda large.

Offline W0lle

• CWR
« Reply #20 on: 03 May 2010, 01:36:59 »
The beeping script doesn't seem to stop after buddy has been killd. once that task is completed or failed the beeping should stop.
Hmm I think in all the years no one considered this.  :)
Will look into that asap.

With all those extraction problems which just doesn't stop I guess best would be I use the alternate version with the safe houses and keep the helicopter extraction version for those who wants to play with it.
It just takes way more time trying to get it work than it's worth it.  >:(
CWR III Project Leader

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #21 on: 03 May 2010, 19:44:11 »
Are you using Mando Heliroute Script?

It will probably land within 50-150 meters of where you want it to go... and you can wait for a specific amount of soldier to get in the chopper.

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #22 on: 09 May 2010, 15:14:23 »
I played the revive version with a friend and found this:

Offline W0lle

• CWR
« Reply #23 on: 10 May 2010, 20:38:43 »
@Ironman
I played with the Heliroute script in the past 2 days and while I like Mandobles stuff it's just too much work to deal with as time is something I currently not have.

I would prefer if you guys would test the "alternative" version without helicopter extraction. If time allows I set up a test mission with just the helicopter extraction in so I can test the 5 different locations. Maybe the AI just don't like the one or other place which has too many obstacles in the LZ.

@fleepee
Thanks, I check that script asap.
CWR III Project Leader

Offline W0lle

• CWR
Re: Co06_Operation Lojack III (close please)
« Reply #24 on: 21 Feb 2011, 22:16:58 »
I finally released a new version of that thing.

Hopefully the helicopter extraction is now fixed by using a MP compatible script by Ghost.
I also removed the old random time/weather scripts and replaced it with a MP/JIP compatible one.

If someone could finally review this mission...  :whistle:

Disregard, please close this thread.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2011, 19:50:00 by W0lle »
CWR III Project Leader