Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CoOp 1-32 Outpost Zulu V0.3  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Odin

• Members
CoOp 1-32 Outpost Zulu V0.3
« on: 28 Feb 2010, 06:05:17 »
G'day, Well I originally made this as a hold your ground mission, but decided to add a few objectives to it as well, it sort of kept growing and growing, until

Author: Odin, aka (AEF)Odin or =Odin=
ARMA Version 1.05
Version: V0.2
Required Addons: None
Mission Description: COOP 1-32
Lobby options:
Enable/Disable AI
Time of day
Weather
Fog
Grass changer
View distance
Time limit
Ammo crate layout
(M9's only, Silenced, Iron sights only, Iron sight and ACOG's, All rifles.)

There are two ways to end this mission.===>

1 ;( TIME BASED OBJECTIVE) the main aim of this mission is to defend OUTPOST-ZULU from hostile takeover. The defence of the Outpost is a time based Objective. You (ADMIN) can choose this parameter from either,
"15 minutes","20 minutes","25 minutes","30 minutes","45 minutes","1 hour","1 hour 30 minutes","2 hours".

Default parameter time is "30 minutes".

If after the chosen parameter's time has expired, and OUTPOST-ZULU is still under the teams control, then "mission success", else "mission failed".

2 ;( NO RAMBOS OBJECTIVE) Squad based objective. Your team can end the mission the hard way, but defiantly a big OORAHH! If your squad can pull it off. Repair the Damaged LAV that is at OUTPOST-ZULU, by finding and returning the, Repair-truck, Fuel-truck and Ammo-truck that are located in enemy held territory. Also you must find and use the Satellite-phone to call Air support to this area; once these four parts are completed the LAV will be unlocked. So repair it and take it to the Intelligence officer's location.
The Outpost must also be clear of enemies to end the mission following this path.

(I suggest set the game time, at the very least, "45 minutes" for this objective.)

On completion of either the "Time based objective" or "No Rambo's objective's" the mission will end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Features:
MISSION OBJECTIVES;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TIME BASED;

Defend OUTPOST-ZULU for the chosen or default, time parameter.
<==DO NOT USE THE   "Unlimited"   PARAMETER FOR THIS OBJECTIVE!!!==>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NO RAMBOS OBJECTIVE;

Capture the Repair truck.
Capture the Ammo truck.
Capture the Fuel truck.
Use the Satellite phone.
Repair the Damaged LAV.
Take the LAV to the Intelligence officer's location.
Defend and clear OUTPOST-ZULU.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Known Bugs: none as of yet
ChangeLog: V0.1
Changelog:V0.2
Fixed Spelling mistake 
Enabled AI
Added new Lobby option method
Available Lobby options:
Time of day
Weather
Fog
Grass changer
View distance
Time limit
Ammo crate layout
Added an extra safe guard to the Damaged LAV that ejects and kills enemy AI, that seem to be able to bypass what is already in place.
Moved the original start positions, to a safer location, in case of JIP spawning in captured Zone
Added extra objects.

ChangeLog: V0.3
More Cover/Objects added at defence area
Hoz_Timer introduced
Intro updated (Now a Camera intro with ppEffect and Overlay to give a sepia effect)
Extra Enemy added near wharf and Objective 1 to add more chance of contact along the beach.   
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FUTURE PLANS;

Seeing as this version is Vanilla I (or someone else) would like to make a,
ACE version
Revive version
Isla Duala and Podorsk versions, maybe other Islands.
Convert this to a TvT game with reverse Objectives, e.g.; BluFor/ Defend, OpFor/ Attack or Blufor/ Use Satellite phone, OpFor/ Protect Satellite phone etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will update this mission for any bugs or issues found(Time permitting), and if anyone wants to ACE it or use other Mod's or Islands, go right ahead.

Credits

"Thanks to all of these people for the use of thier scripts.
Wolffy.au
-eutf-Myke
Xeno
Binesi
Deadfast
KaRRiLLioN
DP.
Hoz
Fleepee
A big THANKS to my fellow Clan members in the AEF, members of the CRB community, and the testers at Ofpec for their help in BETA testing.
2CAV Forever!

DOWNLOAD:

« Last Edit: 04 May 2010, 12:08:51 by Odin »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: CoOp 1-32 Outpost Zulu V0.1
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2010, 05:10:28 »
Tried it out tonight for the first time so I don't have a whole lot to say about it except it was fun!  Also wanted to say you could do the MP options a bit better with the newer method. Also you spelt Success wrong at the end of the mission. I'll have more in the next few days.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Odin

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2010, 22:43:35 »
Thank-you Hoz much appreciated :D Spelling will be fixed for next release, with the multiplayer options and newer method, are you talking about the options at the loadout screen, or something else? thanx again for the time taken.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2010, 03:00:39 »
The newer MP lobby menu options. Theres a new way of doing the params in the description.ext where you no longer have to cram all the options into 2 params. You can have many many options now all listed neatly.  Have a look at any of Fleepee's mission on how many options he sets up.

Edit:

Played this through a few more times. Its a pretty good mission, its exciting and the timed objective really adds to the pressure. You could look at using my Timer script rather then using a hint for the time left.

2 people could achieve 3 objects in 30 mins so thats not bad. It looks like you could easily beat it with increasing the time a bit or adding 1 or 2 more players.

The intro / startup message is kind of boring. How about some starting music?

I thought the defend area could use some more places to hide behind.

Downsides...  The AI is often walking through the walls in the compound. This really sucks and probably not much you can do about it other then placing some of those big containers along the walls.

I thought what was lacking was some custom voices, either like random radio chatter or perhaps some intelligence messages.

Anyways great mission haven't seen any other bugs yet.
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2010, 16:58:18 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2010, 01:35:31 »
let us know when this has been updated
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline Odin

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2010, 06:17:37 »
Sorry this took so long., my work has been flat out lately leaving me lttle spare time.

The 1st post has been updated with the new version and Change log

Change log:
 Version 0.2:

Fixed Spelling mistake  :D
Enabled AI
Added new Lobby option method
Available Lobby options:
Time of day
Weather
Fog
Grass changer
View distance
Time limit
Ammo crate layout
Added an extra safe guard to the Damaged LAV that ejects and kills enemy AI, that seem to be able to bypass what is already in place.
Moved the original start positions, to a safer location, in case of JIP spawning in captured Zone
Added extra objects.

edit: Thanx Hoz. I will endevour to adress some of these observations in V0.3. Your timer script sounds like a good Idea :yes:
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2010, 06:22:21 by Odin »

Offline Odin

• Members
Re: CoOp 1-32 Outpost Zulu V0.2
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2010, 02:06:50 »
Version 3 ready

Change log:
 Version 0.3:
More Cover/Objects added at defence area
Hoz_Timer introduced
Intro updated (Now a Camera intro with ppEffect and Overlay to give a sepia effect)
Extra Enemy added near wharf and Objective 1 to add more chance of contact along the beach. 

Only bug may be with the timer and actual end of mission seems about 10 seconds left on the timer when the end screen appears. This could be affecting me only as I have a very old card so fps is slack my end.
Thanx again 1st post updated