Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP/COOP] Hail Mary  (Read 1839 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
[MP/COOP] Hail Mary
« on: 25 Feb 2010, 17:10:27 »
Hail Mary was released for BETA testing as a SP Mission. Since it's also playable in MP, a test report would be more than welcome. It has only been tested briefly in a LAN-environment so far, without any show stoppers being unveiled. Link to Mission/SP Thread.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP/COOP] Hail Mary
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2010, 18:53:01 »
look forward to giving it a go!

2 of us gave it a run through tonight.

1.  Include the mission version in the mission name. On a dedicated server its hard to tell between versions. This isn't such a problem in SP but on a dedicated server its a bit of an issue.

2. Had an error in the intro  it was where it said.. Hoz,  Error: No vehicle, and miles...

We played it about ten times and didn't get a chance to finish it. 

The intro was great, well done. The briefing was superb, I didn't find any issues with it everything worked as it should and great picture.

All the voices and radio chatter was also well done, you can tell you spent alot of time on this mission already.

We thought the shilka was pretty tough to get past, not complaining here since about 30% of the time we did get it and I think with a little more practice we could develop a decent path out there.

When you start into the mission the units  are in formation and some of them spill out into the street, any chance you could fix this so everyone is in the building?

One thing I dislike about the MP aspect is when you die you turn to seagull. Any chance of putting like a spectating in there?

We'll be playing this a bit more in the future thats all I got for now.

« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2010, 05:01:34 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2010, 22:26:11 »
Thanks for the test drive. I suspected a few of the errors you mentioned (Error, Miles... etc) would show up. It's quite easy to fix (the clients doesn't recognize the names of players inside vehicles, but I have a workaround). Thanks for the heads up about units running into the street to maintain formation. Never noticed that until you mentioned it. The Shilka was meant to be a killer  ;)
OFPEC | Intel Depot

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2010, 16:27:43 »
Had another round of this last night. 3 people. We managed to get out of the town but the helo never lands for us. We headed up to the boats and got in a boat but man those are slow and we just stopped after that.

Great job on providing atmosphere through out the mission with the excellent voices and  the ambient battle going on around you.

If you disable the intro you're still greeted with the title screen text. Not sure if this is intentional or not. :D
Xbox Rocks

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2010, 19:00:30 »
The titlescreen runs in the init.sqf, so that's intentional. It's not a camera script though, so you may still play while it's running. I suppose JIP players gets the same treatment.

The helicopter will not land in Multiplayer unless someone flies it. That part is also intentional. It's supposed to promote cooperation between different teams. I deliberately selected slow boats for the return trip for the very same reason. In the next release I will include a third playable team, that may extract Hallowed by boat from the ocean. But again, it requires that someone plays them.

Thanks for the feed back.
OFPEC | Intel Depot

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2010, 23:34:34 »
The helicopter will not land in Multiplayer unless someone flies it. That part is also intentional. It's supposed to promote cooperation between different teams.

So if no one plays that team then it won't take off? Why not disable the radio call then if that player isn't present? Personally I'd like to see the helo come in and maybe 50% of the time it gets shot down and you have to move to the boats. With playing with just 2 and 3 players all the time theres not really a chance we'll get to play that aspect.
Xbox Rocks

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #6 on: 02 Mar 2010, 09:21:33 »
Disabling the radio message if no one flies Hail Mary seems like the best solution. Will do. In 0.95 the helicopter is controlled with the SOM/Communications menu. It will arrive and land regardless of who's piloting it at the moment. It will then take you where you want to go. But it will still not set you down on the USS Khe Sanh without a human pilot.
OFPEC | Intel Depot

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 06 Mar 2010, 03:09:38 »
Great that you changed the file name version but if you don't change the version name in the mission title in MP the two versions show the same name and its nearly impossible to tell the difference in versions.

Played it through again tonight and the errors are all fixed up although we didn't get too far in it.  

One thing we really like about this mission is the first part and getting out of town. Its a real thrill to actually make it sometimes. Its very exciting and keeps you on you're toes.
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2010, 06:08:33 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #8 on: 24 Mar 2010, 06:10:26 »
Wasn't able to make it all the way through.

Briefing change: "haste" should be "with haste".
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992