Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [CAMP] PIROG [Review Complete]  (Read 10958 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re: [CAMP] PIROG
« Reply #30 on: 26 Apr 2010, 09:00:58 »
Hey Mathias, don't worry and thanks for testing this mission too.

The hill (the enemy mortar battery) is defended by AA guns - in the newest version only one AA gun, because the two guns was extremly hard - so the airstrike is not an option in the story (in the game, it would be too easy to call a strike). In the story the artillery is in move in a new setup position (when you capture the top of the hill, the arty is available on next tartget).

You have infantry support! There are two in-map squads, advancing with you, climb up to the hill and waiting for you if you late... And when you are close top the top they attack with you. (If you was too fast, they could be late). And there is two more (spawned) units, if the two in-map units eliminated, they spawned and advance to the top to help you.

When you capture the mortar battery and got the new objective to capture Khelm, these support squads advance to Khelm too. And a few minutes later two spawned units also advance to Khelm from the top of the hill and a lot of supporting squads (BMP-3s and infantry) advance from the original starting position (Kransostav?) to Khelm.

Your arty support don't need laser designator, you can use the simple mapclick to positioning the arty strike, but it's a SADRAM strike (effective against armor, not infantry), so you have to eliminate the enemy armors with it to defend your BMP-3s and - if you are very weak - let your support teams to finish the job.
To complete your objective, you have to enter Khelm, but you have not to participate in this fight, if you don't want.
Fix bayonet!

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: 03 May 2010, 18:13:13 »
Hey Bardosy, looks like as if I did not get all that your mission has to offer... one thing is certain though, I ended up alone with my squad atop that mountain with the AA gun reducing my squad without mercy.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #32 on: 06 May 2010, 09:47:58 »
Is it possible. Attack the top is not easy. But for your nest objective, you will get support again.

A little cheat: I'm not a big warrior too, so I left a russian APC in the village where you start. It was put for the testing, but finally I left it, because the hard warrior players didn't use it, and I want to help to the smartass players (like me). So, with that APC, you can reach easily the top, but fight is still hard, but not so hard as in foot. I usually order my team disembark (only two of them remain in the APC to operate it) and I take the gunner position. My mates support me in foot, and I give the enemy everything, what can come out from the barrel.

Good news: Kommiekat helped me to finish the text proofing, so I'll release PIROG soon. But now I'm working on a Army campaign for Takistan (Op Arrowhead). ;)
Fix bayonet!

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
Re: [CAMP] PIROG (please review)
« Reply #33 on: 22 May 2010, 10:32:38 »
I'll review this for you, bardosy. ;)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #34 on: 25 May 2010, 11:58:44 »
Thank you!
Fix bayonet!

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #35 on: 10 Jun 2010, 07:20:16 »
Hey bardosy. I just want to let you know that I haven't given up on reviewing it, I've just had tons of important end-of-year exams between when I posted that and now. However, my last one is today and then I'm on summer holidays, so I'll be able to finish the review for you. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Edit: Hm, can't double post. Damnit. Well, hopefully you'll be able to see this.

Finally, I'm able to present you with the long overdue review. You can find it here. Good job on this one, bardosy! ;)
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2010, 17:16:04 by Zipper5 »

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #36 on: 14 Jun 2010, 12:57:17 »
Zipper! Thank you VERY MUCH!

You're absolutely right! In the last times - in ArmA2 - I left the good stories, and focuse only for action. And it's not good. But I experienced, I sepnt lot of hours to develop story by good cutscenes and BIS release a very new game... :( :) . I had two unfinished, but very developed campaigns for ArmA1...
Additionally, I did Chesty Puller and it was success - very popular - without a deep story. ;)
But Pirog is not as good as Chesty - I know - and you were too kind in your review, because you had the right to write "it's boring", because it is. :(

Now I'm working on an Arrowhead campaign (us army, bradley supported infantry), but currentley (5th mission) it's has no deep story neighter, just an another country to invade by US. OK, it's just a campaign for me, to test the new country and new units... But through your review (an othor comments) I have to rethink what I want to do as campaign editing.

Thanks for your review again!
Fix bayonet!

Offline Barbolani

• Members
Re: [CAMP] PIROG [Review Complete]
« Reply #37 on: 21 Jul 2011, 16:34:26 »
Bardosy,

I'm playing right now PIROG.

It's great, as all your other works (I still remember Comandante Pajaro in ArmA ;) )

I wish BIS had the same enthusiasm making campaigns.

Just a tip: If you are not improving the missions with voices, some kind of sound (the hint one, for example) should be placed anytime some radio chat happens. So we won't miss any important info.